Is it essential to learn "JavaScript" before "jQuery"?

1. breathing profile image81
    breathingposted 4 years ago

Finally I have learned HTML & CSS. Now I want to learn "jQuery" to fulfill my designing desire but I don't know the ABC of "JavaScript".

1. Kris Thomas profile image59
      Kris Thomasposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Honestly I am a very experienced designer | developer, and webmaster, and I can tell you No, in my opinion you do not need to know JavaScript to learn or be good at JQuery just learn JQuery on your own they have many great books out there on it. The biggest thing about JQuery is even when you learn it you will rarely ever write anything yourself at least if you are a experienced real world developer | designer because there are so many JQuery scripts available and repositories of available JQuery that you will 98% of the time be able to do a quick search and hit and find the script that will do exactly what you want it to do, then simply manipulate and alter the code to fit your needs...

JavaScript, C++, I don't care they are all the same languages anyway the only thing that really ever changes are the Operators and Operands as long as you know a form of Dynamic Scripting | Programming and understand the flow of programming then there is no real need to learn it.