jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Should I be putting articles on my site or on Hubpages?

1. 0
    eslinsiderposted 4 years ago

I have some articles and I have been putting them on Hubpages, Squidoo and other places. And I am wondering if I should be just putting them on my site as that's where I'd like people to end up for the most part.

I started putting them on other sites to build links to my site. However, now that I have quite a few links I am wondering if this strategy is good.

I have one page on my site that links out to all of my articles. But this number of links is growing (I heard too many links out is not good) and I am sending them away from my site.

If I prefer people on my site why link out and put articles on other sites? Why not just put them on your site?

1. Singaporean profile image61
      Singaporeanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

for me, since I'm new, (to both websites and Hubs), and since HP is more established than my website, I would write on HP, and then find an opportunity to link back to my site.

But, my first HP was flagged down for not following the TOC, and I almost got a 2nd one flagged down for being too promotional..

now i'm trying to learn the rules.

check out my funny Hub flagging issue if you want. I dont wanna list my Hubs here, else i might be banned from posting at Forums too.. haha

2. paxwill profile image81
      paxwillposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think it's best to put most of your articles on your own sites, and then use sites like hubpages, squidoo, infobarrel, etc to write articles that link back to your sites. I use a ratio of 10 to 1; my sites have good enough traffic and there's no point in sharing revenue with someone else when I don't have to.  If your sites don't get many visitors yet, you might be better served by publishing more of them here or some other revenue sharing websites.

HP is also a good place to put articles whose subjects that might not fit with the general theme of your other sites--recipes, humor, etc.

2. 0
    The Writers Dogposted 4 years ago

Hi eslinsider. I split my writing between my website and HubPages. On my HP profile is a link to my site, and on my site is a single widget to my HP profile.

Some may not consider it the best method, but it is nice and simple.

EDIT: And it works for me smile

3. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

I think it is a good idea to use a variety of places to put articles you have written.

The reason I think this is that it spreads the risk. It seems a good idea in case any one or several of the places that you put articles get hit by changes that are beyond our control.

That is my own take, but it fits the advice often given of not having all of your eggs in one basket.

4. georgescifo profile image47
    georgescifoposted 4 years ago

Try putting 2 different versions of the same article onto HP and your own website.

5. American_Choices profile image84
    American_Choicesposted 4 years ago

I think George here nailed it - if you take the time for the subject, the headlines, the research, take the time to rewrite it and present it in several different arenas.

Then link back with hyper text on your key terms.

6. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

I put one topic articles that I don't have a lot of information about on revenue sharing sites. For instance I wrote an article on another site the other day with 12 ways to naturally kill cockroaches. I only wrote about 500 words and really have no time or interest to make it into a website.

However on topics that I know a lot about or think there is a niche in the market for, I create entire sites and then link to them from related articles JUST for backlinks. OR, if I'm not sure the topic will get many views, I create a short article about it. If the article does well, then I put the time and effort into building a full site.

So basically I use revenue sharing sites as places to research article interest, throw "loose" articles and get backlinks.

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image84
      WorkAtHomeMumsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What would be considered a good volume of views to be considered for a site of its own?