jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Pen is a thing of the past

1. marwan asmar profile image78
    marwan asmarposted 4 years ago

The pen is a thing of the past do you agree? Has the computer keyboard really took over writing in the ink pen?

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My answer is a simple yes.

The world is a much better place in regards to a keyboard versus a pen in my hands as I can not even read my own handwriting at times! smile

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No. I use it all the time. Pencils, too. I write books in pen, articles on the keyboard. I like the pen because it forces me to slow down and I can turn back the pages rather, see things at a glance, rather than scrolling back to find what I want. I find it just easier on the eyes and brain as well. Sometimes its just good to get away from the computer backlight..

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago
    1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Pretty cool there, paradigmsearch! smile

3. jponiato profile image81
    jponiatoposted 4 years ago

No, I don't completely agree.  With a pen I can write on a great many surfaces.  With my keyboard, only the screen it happens to be attached to, wirelessly or otherwise.

Hand-written notes are still perceived by many people as more "personal" than emails or type-written pages.

That said, I do prefer to compose with a keyboard.

4. MPG Narratives profile image85
    MPG Narrativesposted 4 years ago

I feel my writing is better when I write with a pen, not legible but it tends to flow better. That said, I use the keyboard more these days. I mainly use pens to write short notes and ideas when not at my computer.

5. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 4 years ago

I sure hope the pen isn't a thing of the past.

Sure, typing is easier and faster, but I've got a feeling we'll all be missing those hard copies of personal letters, letters, and memos and factual information as opposed to that gets misplaced or lost in cyberspace.

6. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

I don't agree.  I write by hand regularly and keep an eye out for pens with good balance that write well to use.