jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Social Media and Google and Walmart

1. American_Choices profile image84
    American_Choicesposted 4 years ago

Did you know that Google with 32,000 employees ($37 billion in gross revenue) and Walmart with 2.1 million employees (and $421 billion in revenues)  are now both in social and mobile commerce offerings?

I know this is a year old but news to me - April 2011
    http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpps/money/ … h_12820830

This makes sense to augment WalMart's brick and motor stores with e-commerce.

What do you think the market can see from this international giant called WalMart? Here is a table I found about WalMart's profitability - interesting how large they are and yet not the most profitable.

1. 0
      idratherbeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I see this as their way of eliminating more jobs and closing down more ma and pa businesses. That will hurt local economies and force at the very least, higher property taxes to offset tax revenue lost. We need to be creating jobs, not eliminating them.

2. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I ordered a digital camera from Walmart online at Christmas. I couldn't believe how fast it was shipped. They are going to be something hard to compete with. It might eliminate more jobs. Sad.

2. freemarketingnow profile image60
    freemarketingnowposted 4 years ago

Walmart is the largest company, but I think Amazon still is the dominant frontrunner when it comes to how people do business online.