jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

How does reddit help??

1. Reves-diary profile image76
    Reves-diaryposted 4 years ago

I am not sure about the function of this web directory website?? How it works??

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry about it.  It's a place to share websites and blogs that you like. Some people use it to promote their own Hubs or blogs, but other Reddit members will shoot you down in flames if they catch you doing that.  You need to put in a fair bit of effort sharing other stuff, then you can slip in one or two of your own sites.  Personally, I don't think that's worth the trouble.

Reves-diaryposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the information. What is then the best way of getting traffic or promoting my own stuff?

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don't waste time promoting it till you know it's worth promoting.

If you write on a topic that's either not searched for (like purple turtle eyes) or one that is saturated (like acai berries), the chances are that you'll never get more than a handful of views no matter how much promotion you do.

So write more content, see what starts getting views naturally then promote what works.

Reves-diaryposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a ton! It's really wonderful that I am learning so many things here! I am quite excited about every single thing that I am learning

2. iefox5 profile image61
    iefox5posted 4 years ago

I'm also trying to find out how reddit would help to increase hub views, would like to learn more from experienced people.

3. jacharless profile image81
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

Personally do not prefer Reddit's web-layout.
    Apart from this, for a SBS [social bookmark service] it is difficult to find anything of value of their site.

By far, StumbleUpon is a better choice.
    Granted they have a limit of 100 links to a domain, but they certainly increase traffic measures AND following. My experience saw 2500-5000 UV per link. When I maxed out, it dropped for a month, then slowly came back.
    These same links on Reddit did squat.

IMHO, use Stumbles Paid Discovery and buy traffic if you can. It is not expensive at all, about $0.05 p/v, plus removes the cap of 100 links and gives you targeted visitors.

4. JKenny profile image94
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

I posted links on reddit, and it totally screwed up my google traffic, plus the majority of people on there are just plain nasty. If I was with you, I would just concentrate on creating more content and maybe sharing your work with your friends on Facebook or Twitter (assuming you have an account with either).