jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (21 posts)

Has the interest in Pinterest already peaked?

1. CMHypno profile image91
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago
    1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I got my first spam from there yesterday, that is usually the beginning of the end.

2. CMHypno profile image91
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

Well hubbers sure have lost interest lol

1. lobobrandon profile image83
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Haha I never had interest smile

1. CMHypno profile image91
        CMHypnoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well it certainly looks like it could be a flash in the pan kind of site

It surely is. And most ppl just like me joined  to check it out and then never returned.

3. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

I didn't jump on board when it first began and was recently accepted. I get a few pins a day and I'm not sure if it is helping with views or not.

4. Lynn Smythe profile image60
    Lynn Smytheposted 4 years ago

I belong to too many online sites, thought a long time about joining Pinterest. I finally joined a couple of days ago.

I have 4 boards added so far, 1 for each of my diva blogs; Cuisine Diva, Bike Diva, Craft Diva and Backyard Diva. It's helping to bring more traffic to each of my blogs.

A lot of my friends and family members also use Pinterest so it's a good way to keep them up to date with some of the stuff going on in my life. If they see a photo I posted up to Pinterest that they find interesting, they can click on the link to be taken to the blog post featuring that photo.

Since I'm a fulltime freelance writer, I use a lot of social media sites to help promote my writing. smile

1. Stephanie Henkel profile image97
      Stephanie Henkelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think that hubbers have lost interest in going into Pinterest and following or repinning other hub writers' sites, but that's not particularly a bad thing as we really need more outside traffic.

I still pin other people's hubs, especially if there are really good pictures on it, and I pin my own new hubs. I get quite a bit of activity on any new pins, and these pins help to generate more outside traffic. It only takes a minute, and seems well worth while.

2. profile image62
      craigbrianposted 4 years ago in reply to this

yes

1. profile image62
        craigbrianposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have an experience with pinterest offlate for the promotion of blog and i have found it one of the growing platform.

5. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

I don't know if it's peaked?

However, I am presently still using it.

Oh look who's back smile

6. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

I think it's been weeks since I've pinned anything there. I do still drop by fairly often to "Like" this, that, and the other. I don't know why though...

7. paradigmsearch profile image89

This thread caused me to go and pin something. That will probably hold me for another few weeks. big_smile

8. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 4 years ago

I love pinning!  I love doing scrapbooks and Pinterest is like that.. a fun hobby. 

I get a few views on some hubs.. not much.  I get a few sales on Amazon, that might have come from Pinterest, I'm not sure as the products bought were not the Amazon products I promote on my hubs and my Pinterest board.

I don't pin much, but I still enjoy pinning when I have time.  It's a fun hobby.. and if get a few views on my hubs and some Amazon sales, that's icing on the cake.

9. inspiredbygod profile image59
    inspiredbygodposted 4 years ago

pinterest had 11 million new unique users in the last 7 months... businesses and small businesses are learning how to market themselves and their products through pinterest. The push within those communities is opening a huge vector of new users that are embracing social media as tools of marketing... I think pinterest has only just begun!

10. Cheeky Girl profile image87
    Cheeky Girlposted 4 years ago

The Daily Mail like to "Talk down" the bench with Pinterest. Mabe someone is betting the "other" way? Facebook is about to go on public offering. I personally find that Pinterest is a great Platform for both getting traffic and interest to my hubs and boards.

I see the Daily mail has a news article about Chimps too. Chimps are uninterested in what "The Joneses" do next door, but simply create their own tools and get on with what they are doing. The idea of being distracted by something like an abstract "market" doesn't reach them whatsoever. Their needs are simppler and it proves to be effective. Maybe humans should try that, it works great!

I am a big fan of Pinterest. It is more popular with women it seems!

11. paradigmsearch profile image89

"Has the interest in Pinterest already peaked?"

I've been thinking that myself lately. Reason being that I thought I was seeing fewer new pins show up when I was there. However, what with quantcast being an estimate, and alexa being alexa; I really couldn't come to any firm conclusions.

12. AfricaResource profile image83
    AfricaResourceposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure it has the foundations to stick around as long as Facebook and Twitter, but you never know. The concept, whilst clever is ever so simple and i think unless they introduce new interactive features interest may begin to wain slightly.

13. profile image0
    jenuboukaposted 4 years ago

I have dabbled a little there; I think that BO.LT will beat out Pinterest.  I like that site much better.

working