jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Windows 8 is here! folks

1. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 5 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6498667_f248.jpg
    For those who need to know about Windows 8 prior to purchasing, use this hub forum to communicate, to learn more, and to get the inside scoop on Microsofts new customer preview  release.

1. Stacie L profile image87
      Stacie Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just clicked on this hub and heard a male voice and couldn't find the source of it.
      lol

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

it's the first vid, smile

CloudExplorerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Stacie, the users profile in those technical category hubs is located at the very top of the hubs without a profile image to lead back to the source. It only has a link of the profile name there, directly under the Hub title.

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
        Jesus was a hippyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But I only just got windows 7 two weeks ago...

2. Stacie L profile image87
      Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Ok I went back and now the pink flower image was gone and I listened to the video.It was good hub and I left a comment. I noticed the vote up and other remarks were missing.
      I don't think I like the new layout.

3. WriteAngled profile image93
      WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

Oh no! A Pinterest-style operating system!

Unfortunately, I am tied to Windows because of the software I need to use for my translating work.

I am not going to be happy when I am forced to change to this.

LOL, I guess its going to be the wave of the future for Windows customers

2. CloudExplorer profile image78

Its actually a cool change thus far for me, I been using Win 8 for almost a month, and besides a few minor glitched its been good to me thus far.

4. raciniwa profile image79
      raciniwaposted 5 years ago

thank you for this information...but i've heard there is windows 2010?or is it just office?

Not sure I'll give it a look, but it sounds like Microsoft office 2012 that should be coming out if anything, Microsoft office 2010 has already come out a while back. Hope this help a bit till I find more accurate info for ya.

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

Did they fix the mess where Word documents aren't compatible with older versions?  Maybe that's in Office.  All I know is they lost my vote with Vista, and the annoying pop-ups, and the fact you have to convert docs to the older Word version half the time, and, well, on and on.  I'm now on an iMac & I love it.

1. profile image0
        timmathisenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's Office. I quit the Microsoft game as well but I favor Linux.

If memory serves me, I think you can change the default in Word to save files as a .doc extension, rather than a docx.

I think you go to the Office button in the upper left. Click "Word Options." Click on the "Save" listing and change "Save files in this format:" to "Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc).

6. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

Thanks for that tip, Tim!  I'll check that out - I'm still getting messages now and then from people who can't read documents.  It will make it easier if I can prevent the problems on my end.  I hear really good things about Linux, by the way.  I just don't know anything about how it works!

7. Mittalmailbox profile image73
      Mittalmailboxposted 5 years ago

I think they shouldn't have given Metro UI with non-touch devices. Metro UI works perfect with touchscreens but on regular Keyboard mouse based system it is difficult to use. They must give the option to disable Metro Ui.

Closed to reply

working