jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Infected users get legit warning about July 9 'Internet Doomsday'

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Infected users get legit warning about July 9 'Internet Doomsday'
    Suzanne Choney
    We recently told you about the "Internet doomsday" that could happen July 9 for PC and Mac users who haven't taken steps to make sure their systems aren't infected with DNSChanger malware.

The malware is so vicious it can interfere with users' Web browsing, steer them to fraudulent websites and make their computers vulnerable to other malicious software that the FBI has put a safety net of sorts in place, using government computers to prevent any Internet disruptions for users whose computers may be infected. But the government's safety net goes away July 9, and starting on that day, you may not be able to get an Internet connection if your computer is infected with DNSChanger.

read the rest

http://www.technolog.msnbc.msn.com/tech … day-751078
    Well this malware will change your DNSChanger...Google must have something to say about this... roll

1. AEvans profile image69
      AEvansposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for the warning, I didn't know about this until now. Just lovely! sad

2. tohimilook profile image60
      tohimilookposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for posting.   I never knew about this.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

thanks for the info Stacie....i guess i'll stay away from my home PC around that time...i'll remember the date

3. Cheeky Girl profile image88
    Cheeky Girlposted 4 years ago

ANOTHER scare story? Oh no thank you.

4. AfricaResource profile image86
    AfricaResourceposted 4 years ago

Sounds like another scare story but thanks for the heads up just in case it turns out to be true.

5. Literary Geisha profile image78
    Literary Geishaposted 4 years ago

hope i'm not breaking any rules for reviving this thread... just wanted to make sure that this "internet doomsday" isn't a hoax. read about it only today (somewhere else) but i'm not sure the link to "check and fix" is legit.

knowing that july 9 is just around the corner, would anyone think it advisable to proceed?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's been all over the media here.

6. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

here's an update and a page set up by the FBI to help users
    http://www.dcwg.org/

7. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I checked mine and I'm good smile

8. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago