jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What exactly is blog hopping?

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image86
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years ago via iphone

I have seen in some blogs mention of blog hopping and even though I have read up on it I do not quite understand what it is? How one participates or benefits? Anyone here know or do or run one?

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Do you mean blogger blogs? When signed in you can "hop" to another random blog... you do find some crap out there!

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image86
        WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No. I've seen people say they are blog hopping. And getting people to join in. I just don't quite get it. Maybe it's similar to a Facebook ladder tagging session trying to get followers etc.

2. Haunty profile image86
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

Way cool! lol

Blog hopping is visiting a set of blogs at random from time to time. I've just G'd it. wink

3. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

I'll get shot down but it sounds like traffic exchange to me, except with a more 'social' tag.

Bye bye adsense.

edit: I just dug a bit more.  It IS traffic exchange - and you can buy tools to help you leave meaningless comments, backlinks and blog posts.

4. WorkAtHomeMums profile image86
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years ago via iphone

It is probably then a good idea if you are really into blogging and enjoy reading other blogs. But as with FB silent marches etc it's getting hollow followers. Not substance. Mmm

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As Mark said - traffic exchange means bye to Adsense.

5. jacharless profile image78
    jacharlessposted 5 years ago

Blog Hopping is like StumbleUpon Tool or similar to FoodBuzz, where one can read other blogs in similar categories. The concept is to increase views or referral visits. Hub Pages has {or had} something like this too, the Hub Hopper.

working