jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

What brand of video camera are you using for your work

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago

If you post videos to Youtube, Vimeo, HubPages and similar sites, what camera brand and model are you using?

1. NetBlots profile image59
      NetBlotsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We use a Canon XLH1 with Letus adapter and a 50mm Canon lens.

Gets decent results smile

Mind you, its no Red1!

Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nice camera, yet not quite within a domestic expenditure!

2. Bendo13 profile image85
      Bendo13posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nothing too professional just yet, but..

In my room I use a Logitech C910

Out and about I use a Kodak Playsport Zx3

Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If it provides reasonable video, a C910 sounds like a good camera for steadycam work.

1. Bendo13 profile image85
          Bendo13posted 4 years ago in reply to this

The C910 is a webcam, so no need for a steadycam and it's not really portable.  The video is great and, if you don't want to mess with settings, you can turn on autofocus and autolight and the video will look perfect.  Plus the stereo microphones really pick up a lot of audio without you having to yell or be close to it.  I believe there's autosound as well.

The Kodak Playsport Zx3 is a great candidate for a steadycam mount, and it could probably use it.  It takes pretty good video, but the microphone doesn't pick up audio as well.  You can get this one really cheap, since there's a newer model out.

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

I'm using an Olympus SZ-10. Seems to take pretty good videos as well as photos, but I'm still playing with it to find out all it can do.

3. wrenfrost56 profile image82
    wrenfrost56posted 4 years ago

I use my mobile/cell phone, I carry it around anyway so I never miss a good pic, its a samsung and I find the quality is just as good as a camera. smile

1. mts1098 profile image86
      mts1098posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I use my android for photo and video...

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't have an android but I'm seriously thinking about getting one. I have my eye on the iphone 4s, but should I wait for the 5, do you think?

1. mts1098 profile image86
          mts1098posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It depends on your reasons for getting the iphone...If it is speed you are after then version 5 may help but it will probably cost more.  My Android operates at the 3g speed and is perfect for me...good luck and cheers.

4. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone who commented so far.

My webcam is good, but not mobile.
    I need something a somewhat better than a webcam, but not within the price range of professional cameras. What has been suggested so far gives me a basis to work from and do some decent research.

Thanks to all.

working