jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Anyone out there dislike TV commercials, then read this!

1. JKenny profile image90
    JKennyposted 5 years ago
    1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image91
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Typical.

It is illegal in matter of fact for the wealthiest of pigs to not become twice so wealthy in a year, after so many billions - happiness can only be achieved with blood, starvation, oppression, and never ending falsehoods uttered by the government whores on a tv screen.

1. christopheranton profile image80
        christopherantonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Some of them are unbelievably irritating, especially those for the various high-street banks. They are always trying to convince you that they are your great friend. Everybody knows that they will screw you over if given half a chance. The Sainsbury's ads with Jamie Oliver always used to leave me screaming at the television as well. I can't stand him, as you may have guessed.

Chris I'm hoping the mind will evolve to where it automatically believes anything said on tv....but in the meantime, I can hardly wait for the infomercial for miraculous itchy balls cure in low cost, convenient once per day capsule form.

2. JKenny profile image90
    JKennyposted 5 years ago

I always used to mute the sound whenever the adverts came on, as I'm not interested in watching a meerkat trying to sell me car insurance. I don't want much TV nowadays, but I'm fortunate that most of the programmes I watch are on the BBC, so no adverts.

Ah but Sir, you are under arrest for pre crime...

3. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

It is in regard to the Dish NEtwork Auto-hopper, which is user enabled. It doesn't work on all programs (like sports events). We all skip commercials whether we mute, walk away, or fast forward through a dvr recorded program.
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/en … 4685.story
    http://dish-network-talk.hubpages.com/h … r-and-Joey

4. MazioCreate profile image66
    MazioCreateposted 5 years ago

I thought I had seen it all, but no, there is still more nonsense and greed to come. When I've recorded a show I always fastforward the ads. Is that illegal? It appears the "big boys" are trying to flex their muscles once again and to prove what.

working