jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

1. 61
    POSITIVEHOPEposted 4 years ago

Dear friends ,
    Google has helped internet to grow at faster pace.
    Often it is criticized the way internet business being controlled by the Google search engine. Is it not the time that there should be some independent authority which should control the dominance of search engines for common cause of restricting monopoly practices by search engines? What do you feel about this ? Please share your views.

1. Living Well Now profile image79
      Living Well Nowposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Roll your own search engine.

1. 61
        POSITIVEHOPEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

@Living Well Now, Sir thank you for your comment and stopping by.
        If I could do that just I might have started that work but see how giant task it is to create a search engine to beat Google ?! I mean why not open source community  look at this end to create one to control / share or split the dominance share of any search engine and create an umbrella for controlling  restricted / monopoly search engine algorithms ? !

1. Living Well Now profile image79
          Living Well Nowposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There are plenty of search engines covering a variety of needs. If you want an ope n source search engine look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_se … ch_engines

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Like others they are subject to Anti-Trust (anti monopoly) legislation, though I believe that legislation is often completely circumvented by them and others, as the legislation, has not been redeveloped to be fully incorporate modern/ever changing internet corporate practices.

In short, due to the very nature of the www - 'regulations' and 'codes of practice' like Anti-Trust laws are never likely to be endorsed and enforced worldwide. That style of 'problem' will always be 'an opportunity' for corporates like Google, more so as they leverage off the growth initiatives that they have already developed within the loopholes.

Get used to it though... I fear greater ownership of the net and current working format is about to be fully pushed by Google, if they are successful at gaining their top level domain registrations through...

Certainly our sub domains here are going to become less significant and sought, after Google gain 'Dot Google' and 'Dot YouTube' etc. Registrations.. 

Effectively then they can tell all their competitors (you know.. people like us who rely on our relationship with Hub Pages etc) to literally 'Get Lost!' (Especially Within Search Engines (unless we are paying them) and in regard to all the branding development that we have achieved to date!) sad

I'm sure HP know this.. perhaps the above is one of the reasons why our traffic has been manipulated here for the last year! sad   
    Now that's an interesting possibility isn't it?  I mean let's face it.. it doesn't take a lot of grey matter to work out strategically what these guys are able to do to the world! sad

Factually the Only Feasible Method of putting the g mustang in the barn, is going to be.... Design a New and Better Method of www Usage and Create a New Market in which they don't count!   You know, kinda like what they're doing to all of us! smile 
    Perhaps then... an 'independent' authority could consist of Murdoch's Media Group, or the current and future beneficiaries of the Seven Sisters! roll

Good Luck..

1. 61
      POSITIVEHOPEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

@Perldiver, thank you very much for stopping and posting.
      Well said. In any business where no regulatory norms  prevails leads to monopoly  business. It is almost out there. What you said is right, abc.google.com, abc.youtube.com days make individual business entities to kneel down before the monopoly companies. An individual hubber  or entrepreneur's face has no value in such times. Hope to see how serious these governments take this issue if it is going to happen sure.

2. jacharless profile image81
      jacharlessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Score One for the Kiwi!
      And you are on the right track, my man.
      The only sure-fire way is to demonopolize or eliminate the need for such a service.
      .o0 Wouldn't it be cool if...the internet did not need a search "engine"...
      [cue: distant, fainting, wicked, evil laughter]

3. Randy Godwin profile image94
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

Groo Screwgle!

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I don't think there is anything anti-competitive about the Google search engine.  It does not suppress competition or prevent anyone from coming up with a better search engine.