jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Today's Technology

1. Brandon Martin profile image74
    Brandon Martinposted 4 years ago

In a scale of 1-10, how beneficial do you find today's technology?

What would you say is so bad or great about it?

1. grand old lady profile image88
      grand old ladyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As one who has lived pre and post internet technology, on the downside there is no permanence as websites can be closed or if the cables were cut or whatever, it's all lost.

On the upside, as a parent I appreciate knowing where my child is with just a text message. This helps especially when she is on dates.

The internet is also changing print publications. They have had to make many changes to accommodate losses in traditional advertising, and it has slipped over onto content in publications. So there is a filter in print media that is not existent on the internet. If you merge journalistic standards with online blogging, the internet can gain more credibility.

Whether the change is for better or worse, it is there and we can't ignore it.

2. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think there is a balance, and I think it depends what you mean by technology.

I would hate to be without running water, a stove, and sewerage, etc.

However, as for today's fast paced technology, I preferred the quality of life without it.

2. FF Commish profile image77
    FF Commishposted 4 years ago

The question is not whether technology is good or bad, beneficial or harmful.  Rather, it's a function of how we use that technology that creates benefit or harm.