jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Facebook just switched your default e-mail address

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago
  2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

My default setting for e-mail address was not touched by Facebook. It remains as it was.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They sure as heck switched mine! Now I can't figure out how to access it yet. I am but a shadow of my former self.... big_smile

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
        Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They switched mine, too.

Just plow through the cnn article to change it back. It's a pain in the butt to figure out, but it can be done (fb doesn't make it easy).

Thanks so much for this alert. Who knew? LOL

1. profile image0
          HowToStoreposted 4 years ago in reply to this
  3. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Well, I just sent regards to myself. Popped up in my messages in about a millisecond. I suppose I'll find some use for the thing.

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
      Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's the spirit! I just shut the da** thing down. That makes you more adventurous than I. smile

4. CloudExplorer profile image80
    CloudExplorerposted 4 years ago

I need to see what this is all about, it sound really weird, but you know how cyber space is, things get shifted around all the time. Lets hope its not going to hurt us any, darn FB changes.

5. jacharless profile image78
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

The supposed switch was from your primary account email me@gmail.com to username@facebook.com in a valiant attempt to expand the messaging system used by Facebook for user communication. You can change the settings to hide it or both email addresses from the public and friends. In addition can set permissions for private messaging, avoiding unwanted messages, spam, and soon to be Facebook ads at the bottom/or right of each message {like gmail}.

6. iefox5 profile image61
    iefox5posted 4 years ago

What??? I never know this, how could facebook do this without my permission?

1. jacharless profile image78
      jacharlessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Folks really need to read the entire TOS and Privacy Policy of sites they join. Facebook & Twitter have people by the b@!!s, and they do not even know it.

Join Badoo, its much more transparent. big_smile

7. Greekgeek profile image97
    Greekgeekposted 4 years ago

Not my email address. I deleted my Facebook account 3 years ago. (And again 2 years ago, as Facebook used to simply "deactivate" your account so that all the info remained there, until a threat of a class action lawsuit forced them to let people delete accounts.)

I stick with Livejournal and Dreamwidth. Privacy respected, and I'm not getting my personal data mined and sold to commercial interests.

working