How To Create and Filter Friend Lists On Facebook?
Everyone knows that facebook is a great website for social networking and creating and expanding individual friend list or groups. The new design of Facebook has allowed us to post more rapid updates, so we are able to receive and send new information through our contacts in real time. At the same time, Facebook has introduced a new and powerful system to filter our news feed for publishing information. Although to be honest, not all new users know who is available and do not know how to use this FB feature so in this article, I will explain how to create friend lists and how to install filters for creating friend lists on facebook so that you can separate your beer loving friends from ipad lovers.
What is a friend list?
A friend list is a simple and easy way to create groups of friends in Facebook so that only we are able to see updates from contacts we choose on our own. If you've ever used lists on FriendFeed or TweetDeck groups, then you can get an idea of how friend lists work on FB.
How to create a friend list?
- On the left side of your Facebook profile, you will be able to see a vertical bar that appears with a section called Friends. Once you will enter a list with all your contacts, it will show a button called "Create list."
- Then, you will see a window that will ask you to name the new list and choose the people you would like to include into that list.
- To be able to add friends to your list, you have to click on name or picture of your friend, so when checking their profiles, you will find that they have a box that indicates that they belong to one of your lists.
How to use a friend list?
- This is an easy part. You have to just go to the home page of your Facebook and select the list you want to create. If you it does not appear on its own, click on the link to give "more" and you will automatically see the button for creating a list.
- Once you select a particular list, you will only be able to see updates from people who are within that list. This is a powerful facebook tool which helps us in keeping track of what is happening to people we really care, no matter if you have 200 or 2000 friends.
- For example, you will be able to create a list for your family, co-workers, business partners, and close friends and each time you want to know what are the new updates from that particular group, you will get a list without having to look one by one.
So this is how you can create friend lists on facebook and also filter them at the same time by giving separate names or titles to each group or list. This facebook feature helps us in separating our professional links from our family links so that you are able to interact and respond to each group with different views and mindset.
How to create Facebook friend lists and manage who sees what on your Facebook profile?
More by this Author
Common questions about gear application on the Royal Enfield 350cc Standard Bike.
Cell phones can adversely affect your brain and body. Moreover, several studies suggest that harmful radiation from cell phones can have long-term damaging effects on human tissues that can even lead to cancer. Some...
In very simple terms, PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a genetic problem with various hormonal manifestations. It presents with a rainbow of symptoms, including: difficulty losing weight, a tendency to gain...