How to Delete Undeleted File
"How to delete undeleted file?" or "How to delete unwanted programs?" etc. are the common question and queries when you failed to delete any unwanted file or program? Sometimes, it's really taugh to delete or remove unwanted program. The reason behind this type of situation is that a piece of adware or spyware continuously keep it busy and when you want to delete them, you get messages like the followings:
- Cannot delete YourFielNamefile: Access is denied.
- There has been a sharing violation.
- The source or destination file may be in use.
- The file is in use by another program or user.
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
This page will provide you to solve this type of problem. Keep reading...
- Click Start -> Search -> All Files and Folders
- Type the name of the undeletable file in the search box shown and lastly click Search.
- When you find the file or program, right click on that and go to Properties and make a note of the file location & close search window. It may be similar to :
- Click on Start -> Run -> type CMD -> Press Enter to open a Command Prompt window.
- Don't close Command Prompt window, but proceed to close all other open programs.
- Click on Start -> Run -> type TASKMGR.EXE -> press Enter to start Task Manager -> Click on the Processes tab,
- Click on the process named Explorer.exe and click End Process.
- Minimize Task Manager but leave it open
- Go back to Command Prompt window (step 2) and change to the directory where the file is located by using CD command. [ Example: to change to the Windows\System directory, write cd \windows\system32 and hit Enter]
- Type DEL undeleted-filename Example: del undeleted-filename.exe. [undeleted-filename means the file or program you want to delete.]
- Press ALT+TAB to go back to Task Manager
- In Task Manager, click File -> New Task -> Enter EXPLORER.EXE to restart the Windows shell.
- Now, close the Task Manager
Remove Adware or Spyware
More by this Author
- 64How to check CPU temperature:A complete guide to Check CPU temperature through BIOS or software on all operating system
While CPU is running, it produces heat. CPU is an electronic device. It is very urgent to remove heat from electronic devices as soon as possible. Otherwise the internal temperature will be increased. If the device is...
- 5How to Reset/Remove/Bypass a BIOS or CMOS Password? : A Complete Guide to Reset/Remove/Bypass BIOS or CMOS Password
User level passwords are used to restrict unauthorized access of a computer. BIOS or CMOS passwords are used to prevent access to BIOS settings or to prevent PC from booting. Thus BIOS passwords are used to add or...
Solution of the Oracle installation problem on Windows 7 / Windows XP during Oracle installation start-up. Know the reasons and solution of the erro "CreateFile error 32 when trying set file time" Error During...