Best iPod Touch Armbands
The Apple iPod Touch is probably one of the more popular MP3 players on the market because they're not just MP3 plays, they're also personal assistants with Wi-Fi. Both the first and second generation Touch iPods include applications for music, video, pictures, iTunes, Safari, YouTube, calender, clock, calculator, and settings; the newer versions also include mail, maps, stock, notes, and weather applications, all of which can be downloaded the the first generation with the 2.0 upgrade.
So, you can see why the iPod Touch is so popular. It's nearly the all in one personal assistant that everyone thinks they need. Given this, we can't forget the Touch in regards to accessories. Apple and other manufactures just can't leave out one of the best selling products on the market, which is why you can find loads of accessories available.
I'd say the most popular accessory for the Apple iPod Touch is the armband. The Touch is still a music player, which makes the armband a necessity for those people who work out, garden, clean house, whatever... It's just a great way to carry your iPod around with you and not have to worry about holding it.
Touch iPod Armband
There are a number of armbands available for the iPod Touch, and depending on what style you're looking for, you are going to find something that you like. You just want to make sure that you check them all out. And remember that just because one is higher prices than another, it doesn't mean that it's better.
When looking for an armband for your iPod Touch, you'll want to make sure that you get what you're looking for, so it's a good idea to understand the different features of the basic iPod armband.
Generally, you will want to look for something that is lightweight, comfortable, adjustable, and washable.
You can, also, choose by color, as some of the armbands come in different colors, like the Tuneband. Grantwood Technology's armband that comes in black, purple, turquoise, red, clear, pink, and navy; or the Heavy Duty Sport Workout Mesh Armband that comes in blue, black, and red.
Top iPod Touch Armbands
iPod Armband Features
- Cost- You don't want to spend and arm and a leg for an armband for your iPod Touch, so what I have listed range from about $5 to $40, which are actually decent prices. The price will vary on the different features of the armband, as well as the brand. You can't help the brand, but as for the features, the fewer the features, and generally, the cheaper the material the armband is made of, the less it will cost.
- Size/Weight- You want an armband that is lightweight. What's the purpose of a heavy armband that will just weigh down your iPod? I'd estimate that the JavoSkin or the Tuneband armbands are probably going to be the lightest and the smallest, whereas the Cuffu and the Sport Workout Mesh armbands are probably going to be a little bulkier.
- Material type- You'll find that the armbands come in a variety of materials such as air mesh nylon (sports workout), silicone (TuneBand, JavoSkin), water-wicking material (Belkin sport), and neoprene material (Cuffu).
- Security- You want to make sure that your iPod Touch will be protected from scratched while in your armband. Most of the best iPod Touch armbands will have a clear plastic cover that securely fits your iPod Touch.
- Accessibility- You want to make sure that you can access all of the buttons and plugs to the earphones, USB, etc. without having to take the iPod out of the holster.
- Adjustable- You should look for an adjustable armband so that whether it uses a hook and loop feature or velcro to close around your arm, it will fit no matter what. Generally, the best iPod Touch armbands all are one size fits most small to large arms.
- Washable- Having anything that you wear washable is always great, so this goes the same for your iPod armband. The Belkin Sport and JavoSkin armbands are both washable.
Other features that may lure you to one armband or another can include:
- Warranty- The Heavy Duty Sports Workout armband by PCMicroStore offers a 1 Year Unconditional Warranty if purchased through PCMicroStore (which sells through Amazon).
- Storage- The Heavy Duty Workout armband and the Belkin Sports armband both offer storage for your earbuds, as well as a key pocket for your gym key.
- Dust- Ok this may sound silly, but dust isn't fun, which is why the JavoSkin armband is not prone to dust with its EAD coating.
More by this Author
It's been a long time since I've used a Mac. We had one of the first generation Macintosh computers way back in the day, but since then, it's been PC all the way. When I started my job in 2008, the main computer was,...
Because Ebay is the largest source of items across the world. It is truly an international auction where you can find new and used books, cars, electronics, toys, and more. But, you must beware of the potential scams...
An awesome-looking tattoo can unfortunately turn into a big infected mess. Read on to learn the symptoms of infection and how to treat it.