iPod Power - Solar Chargers
Solidus 1 Solar charger
Charge your iPod on the go
There are quite a few gadgets out there for this purpose but here are a few that I particularly like the look of.
- This Solar iPod charger will fully load your iPod in 2-3 hours using only the sun! No longer will you have to rush home to your computer to charge your precious iPod up. It works with all new and old models of the iPod and it also includes adapters for more than 250 models of mobile phones. this lightweight solar powered device weighs only four ounces and doesn’t need a battery. Works with: iPod (Mini, Shuffle, Nano) and other devices. The Soldius 1 is smaller than previous solar chargers. The device folds in half and it's light enough to fit in your pocket or bag.
- Output power: 6.58 Volts - 320 mA (max) in direct sunlight
- Dimensions: 5.4" x 3.2" x .43" (closed)
- Weight: 4 oz.
- One year warranty
- Includes: Charger & USB cable
- Available in White or Black
Check out the Boblbee , the new solar-powered, wearable iPod charger from Dododi . It's waterproof, and you can't drop it due to the fact that it's wearable. It doubles as a case and a charger and the curved surface means that you could charge your iPod out in the sun the whole day long. As well as charging on the go you could always leave it on a sunny windowsill in your house to save on electricity.
Unfortunately, there's no English version of the Japanese website but if you can read Japanese you might be able to find out how to get one.
I just love this cute yet sleek design. Doubling as a mains charger, Solio's award winning device features solar panelled fan blades that convert the sun's rays into iPod power. It has an internal battery which allows it to store this energy. It's very eco-friendly because the more you use it, the less carbon dioxide you use.
One hour of sun will give you enough juice to play your iPod for about an hour. When fully charged your Solio can store enough power to charge a mobile phone or an iPod Nano at least twice. Powers virtually all handheld electronics
· Cell Phone
· iPod / MP3 Player
· Smart Phone / PDA
· Game Player
· Digital Camera
It comes in various colours and is priced at £59.95.
Wind power too
The sun isn't a guaranteed commodity unfortunately; especially when we need it. That's where HYmini comes in; it's a down to earth wind-powered charger for iPods, cell phones, mp3 players, PDAs and digital cameras.
All you need to do is to create a breeze so take it with you when you go jogging; cycling or hang it out of the car window when you go for a drive. An hours bike ride will give you about 15 extra minutes on your cell phone and if you hang the Hymini out of the car window and drive at a moderate speed you should get 8 hours of music on your iPod. There is also the option of a solar panel add-on.
And not only that it's a beautiful little gadget to look at
© Susan Bailey 2008 All Rights Reserved
More by this Author
Cinnamon and Honey - who would think this combination could have so many uses and health benefits? Read here to find out what they are.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE13
When a patient presents at the surgery with complaints of feeling tired and multiple aches and pains it can be very difficult for the doctor to ascertain exactly what the diagnosis is.
Self Sabotage is quite common; most people do it from time to time. However, some people almost make a career out of it. Self saboteurs will mess up by doing alcohol, drugs, participating in risky behaviour, disastrous...