How to Apply for KRA Pin Certificate
KRA Pin Application
This method of using ITMS has been stopped please apply for your PIN using Itax option. Click on this link to read how to go about it:
KRA PIN application is a hub that has been specifically created to help people apply for KRA PIN number online in Kenya without problems and to shorten the time it will take you to apply and get the KRA (Kenya Revenue Authority) PIN.
The issuance of PIN has been fully automated following the successful launch of electronic registration services in Kenya. The use of Personal Identification Number (PIN) has also become mandatory in most government offices thus it is important to know how to apply for the KRA pin online.
University students applying for HELB loan also require the KRA pin.
Steps to Follow for Successful KRA Pin Application
The following steps will guide you on how to apply for the KRA pin. Before you proceed, make sure you have your National Identity card. If not, make sure you know the exact details in it.
The best way to do it, is to have another tab open where you are going to access the KRA's website. Then you can be able to follow these simple steps one by one. Do not be in a hurry, read every line here and also on the website as you start filling in your details.
1. Visit the KRA's website by typing the following in your browser, www.kra.go.ke/portal. Alternatively, you can Google KRA and select the first link you see.
At the center of the page that will open, you will notice an area written "KRA Online", below there, click on where it is written "Click Here, To Apply for your PIN and/or Submit Online Returns."
New Tax Payer
2. On the new window that opens, below the message "Welcome to KRA Online services.
Please enter your 'User Id' and 'password' to access the system services". click "on new tax payer".
New Tax Payer Option
3. On the new tax payer window, which is written "Pin assignment for new tax payer", select whether you are applying pin for Resident, Non-Resident or Company. Then click on validate.
Click on Validate
4. A new window opens where you have to fill the following details:- ID Number, Date of Birth of applicant, District of Birth of applicant, (these fields are mandatory). Then you can also fill Mother's last name and Father's last name, although these two are not mandatory. Then you will have to type the year of birth of the applicant and then click on validate.
Select Appropriate Button
Parent Details Populated Automatically
5. If the information you have entered is correct, a new window will open with some of your details like Father's and Mother's name already pre-recorded.
Filling address details on the KRA form
6. Now fill in the following details correctly found in Section 3, the ones marked by an asterisk are a must; for physical address, City/town, Street/road, building/location, Area code, Lr No (you can click on any number there). For the details you do not have, you can write NONE.
- For postal address, fill in the Box No and postal code.
- For telephone fill in the land line and area code, and mobile.
- For Email address, enter your email address and make sure you enter the correct email address because that is where your pin will be sent.
The other information to fill is your Main business activity (if you do not find the one you want, you can select others not defined) and lastly the tax payer obligation. Leave alone the Secondary business activity.
Four Section 4 fill in you tax payer obligation, most of the people are under the Income Tax Individual (IT1).
Section 6 - Once you are satisfied the information you have given is correct, tick the check box at the bottom and then submit your form.
After Submitting You Will Get a Page Saying;
Thank you, Dear Customer, Your registration has been successful, Your PIN and password will be sent to the email address provided by you for reconfirmation, as well as security stamp that is also sent, whose content must be entered also next time you log in.
Please change your password the first time that you will connect to KRA.
7. Now you can open another window for your mail and check the details that have been sent to your email account. These are, your Pin, Password, and security stamp.
Change Your Password
8. Go back to the KRA Website and at the top right hand side click on Main menu. Once the main menu opens, input your pin, password (you can copy paste these) and the security stamp (if the security stamp is not clearly visible, you can download it). Then you click on the log in button.
9. In the next window that opens, you must change your password, so input a new Password which should be of 8 characters were 6 of them must be letters and 2 must be numbers. Note down your password in case you forget.
Print Your KRA Pin Certificate
10. Now to print your Pin certificate, click on main menu and under the Registration Application click on the Registration Certificate. Now you can print your Pin certificate.
How to Apply for a Company's PIN
The process of applying for a company's pin is easy and straight forward as long as you have the following with you :-
- Company's Certificate of Registration
- Date Business Commenced
- Associates PIN (These individuals PINs must be registered through the online process, you can not use the old manual PIN)
- Follow stage 1 and 2 as above.
- Select company and validate.
- Fill the fields for Company's Certificate of Registration and Date Business Commenced.
- Click on validate, if the details are okay, a page opens.
- Fill one or all the associates PIN, select relation and add to list.
- Proceed filling the form as above for individual.
Conclusion on Kra Pin
The process of KRA online pin application should take you just a few minutes. If the explanation was helpful or if there is an area that needs improvement, you can tell me.
KRA Pin Processes
Was this information helpful to you?See results without voting
© 2011 Patrick Kamau
More by this Author
It is easy to apply for the KRA Tax Compliance Certificate as it has been indicated in this hub. The TCC certificate is no longer issued manually hence one has to apply for it online.
It is possible to get replacement certificate once you loose your original. This is a guide on how to apply for the replacement of lost KCPE/KCSE certificate and where KNEC offices are located.
A bus is a common pathway through which information is transmitted from one component to another. This pathway is used for communication and can be established between two or more computer components