Most Popular Google Searches
Finding the list of most popular searches reveals what actually people are looking for the most in Internet. Once you know what people are searching for you can have fairly comprehensive idea on which keywords to target for your web site. Most of the people use Google treads, lycos, yahoo, MSN hot and Alexa for getting the top most searched keywords in search engines. In fact all the mentioned sites are great, but there is another good source of search phrase which is basically a yearly list or trends from Google itself.
Before going into the really people searchers, let me give a brief idea about types of searches you see in Google adwords. In Google adword tool, there are three types of search result you will get and those three are- broad match, phrase match and exact match. Before choosing a keyword for a website you must understand the three types of searches. When adword tool give you broad match, it tells about keyword phrases where words in a phrase may be sequenced in different orders. For example, if you look for a keyword “keyword research tool” then Google adword might show you search volume for “keyword tool research” and “keyword research tool”
The phrase matches is more accurate than board match because it shows exactly the sequence you are looking for and add some additional words to your exact phrase,if there are any phrases in Google database. For instance, if you are looking for a total search of the world “keyword research tool” and start a phrase search in the ad word tool, it will give you the a specific search volume for “keyword research too” and also may give you another result like” keyword reach tool software” and a few more. And exact match is all about showing you the keyword phrase that match the exact word orders you typed in Google adwords to learn the total searches for a keyword. I guess by now you understand the differences between the search terms well. If you want to rank well in Google, it is better to target a search phrase with exact match in Google Adwords, because it then the actual phrase people are using while they Google.
Every year Google Zeitgeist publish the most popular search trends-including the fastest rising and falling search phrases (global). They also provide some other interesting search information-regional searches, global search, past search etc.
In 2009, Google Zeitgeist published the list of following search phrases with fastest rising trend.
- Michael Jackson
- new moon
- lady gaga
- windows 7
- torpedo gratis
Overall Search Phrase Trend on Bing in 2009:
- Michael Jackson
- Swine Flu
- Stock Market
- Farrah Fawcett
- Patrick Swayze
- Cash for Clunkers
- Jon and Kate Gosselin
- Billy Mays
- Jaycee Dugard
Top 10 Yahoo Search Review-2009
- Megan Fox
- Britney Spears
- American Idol
- Kim Kardashian
Yahoo Search Review 2009: http://yearinreview.yahoo.com/
Top 10 most searched terms on Google until March 2010
- Facebook login
- yahoo mail
Rising Search Trends in Google-June, 2010
How to find most popular searched phrases
Only by visiting a few selective places in Internet you can easily get a comprehensive glimpse of what people are actually searching for. Everyday millions of searchers are being registered by Google databases and among all the search phrases most are repetitive phrases, while some are the new search phrase. Most searched phrases are known as most popular searches by Google and it is a very instrumental factor for SEO experts before making any optimization changes in their websites. Some of the useful sources where you can find the list of most popular search phrases are as follows:
- AOL lists all the popular search phrases in their web site. You can find a list of fresh searches used by web users around the globe. They provide hourly, monthly and category based keyword lists. You can see today's all the hot searches at the AOL Hot Searches
- Ask IQ is a good source of finding what hot trend in search industries is. You find their searches at Ask IQ.
- Dogpile is another good source of popular search phrases and terms. They have some useful features in their sits to find out popular keywords. Dogpile SearchSpy:
The following is the list of words and phrases that were searched the most on Google in 2011.
- Rebecca Black
- Ryan Dunn
- Casey Anthony
- Battlefield 3
- Steve Jobs
Popular Google Searches in 2012
In 2012, Google has registered total 1.2 trillion searches in their search engines worldwide.Among all the searches the top three keywords used by the searchers the most are Whitney Houston, Gangnam Style and Hurricane Sandy. The following are the list of top 10 searches(in Google search engines) of 2012
Useful sources to find popular and trending search terms
- Google trends is one of my favorite and to me this is one of the best and reliable sources of finding the popular searcher phrase terms, because Google get over 70 percent of the global search traffic and of course their database can give you the most valuable clue of most popular searches. Along with popular search results you may also find some very informant information like trends of any specific keywords from the Google insight search page.
- Yahoo Buzz Index also gives top search list, at the bottom of their site, in terms of popular searchers at Yahoo. In the main page of Yahoo
- Lycos 50: Long-standing service showing top searches at Lycos each week.
- Alexa’s main page is another reliable place to learn about what people are searching on web-they show most up-to-date popular search trends.
Finally, there is no better place than Google itself to learn the most popular Google searchers in Internet and you can find all the relevant information about popular Google searches at the following two addresses:
More by this Author
Google Video is for searching video files availabe in the Internet.Google video has an advanced video search option that you can use to find high quality video with specific size and date of upload. To market your...
The way Google search engines works and how its pagerank algorithm assigns the rank to your webpages has been explained in this hub.
Nibiru,also known as the planet X, has been described in Sumerian texts as a giant planet with elliptical orbit.