Newfolder.exe virus - Stop new folders appearing everywhere madness!
How to solve Newfolder.exe problem easily?
Do you see thousands of new folders appearing all over your computer with astonishing speed? If yes - welcome to our club - you are also infected with Newfolder.exe virus. Well... We used to be infected, but we solved this problem with one way or another.Here we discuss several different ways of solving this problem and give you some tips on how to resolve Newfolder.exe virus problem in fast and easy way.
If you are in hurry...
Download Newfolder Fix Wizard which will solve your problem automatically and in seconds
Use this method to solve Newfolder.exe problem if you don't want to digg into registry and system properties or if you afraid to harm your computer. The method listed above is safe and easy.
However, if you like to take everything under your own supervision, below you'll find an exact way of fixing Newfolder.exe virus problem which I wrote from my own experience of dealing with it.
Hope, it will help you! Enjoy my HubPage and follow me if you like it :-)
Full manual solution
Want to solve it manually?
Here you go - use on your own risk
Use this instructions only if you know what you are doing. In other case it is a better idea to use Newfolder.exe Fix Wizard from the link listed above.
Ok, let's start.
1) From this moment and until the problem is solved do not open any folders or drives (even My Computer folder) with double-click. Open them with right mous click and "Open" context menu item instead. This will prevent Newfolder.exe virus from duplicating itself faster than you remove it.
2) Fill the following processes and delete the appropriate files connected with Newfolder.exe virus (mostly situated in system directories):
If these files can't be deleted during normal Windows work or recreate themselves, reboot into Safe Mode and repeat deletion. If you do not see all of these files, then they are hiding themselves via core Newfolder.exe virus process. You need special software to kill those hidden files.
You may also need to remove all Newfolder.exe autostart registry entires which the files listed above used to run themselves at Windows startup.
3) Delete the following malicious registry entries and\or values:
%u2022 Key: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run for nwiz.exe
%u2022 Key: software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\alchem
%u2022 Key: software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\zzb
4) Locate and remove the entire registry section called "MountPoints2" using Regedit utility. This is one of the two main methods how Newfolder.exe virus replicates itself.
5) Starting from the root of your drives and moving recursively one level deeper in each iteration (resulting in moving down to 3-4 levels overall, this will be enough as a rule) delete all files called "autorun" with various extensions including "vbs", "bat", "log", "exe", "sys", "dat" and so on. This is a second main source of Newfolder.exe virus infection.
I.e. you should recursively remove the following files associated with Newfolder.exe virus:
and so on...
Don't forget repeating the same steps for your thumb or flash drives including even the onces in your photo and video camera and portable flash player. These devices can transfer Newfolder.exe virus from your friends and collegues or will become source of new infection after you already cleaned your main computer.
And don't forget about your notebook!
6) After completing everything described above you should perform non-graceful reboot. In other words, simple press Reset on your computer case. This will ensure that Newfolder.exe virus will not replicate itself during normal Windows finalization procedures. Actually, you will win some time.
7) You may need to repeat everything written above two or three times in a row before all manifestations of Newfolder.exe virus are gone.
Enjoy safe computing!
Ever had Newfolder.exe virus and solved it succesfully? Share your experience!
No comments yet.