SEO: How to Submit Your Website to Search Engines
If you have a website or blog, you must have to submit it to search engines. When you submit it to the search engines, it is indexed there sooner or later, and people can find your pages while searching for specific subjects.
Which Search Engines are Important?
Before submitting your website or blog, you must know that which search engines are popular and so important.
Google is on the top of the list of popular search engines. About 65% of searches in the world are executed through Google search. So Google search is the most important search engine, and everyone having a website must submit it to this search engine.
Next comes Yahoo. It's search market share is about 15%. Yahoo is followed by Bing, which has a search share of about 15%.
So the combined search market share of Google, Yahoo and Bing is 95%. That means all other search engines which are 10s of thousands in number, have just 5% market share.
So do you think that you do not need to submit your website to the search engines other than Google, Yahoo and Bing? If yes, you are partly correct. I will explain it later, let us see how to submit to these great search engines first.
How to Submit Your Website to Google?
As you know, submitting your website or blog is the most important thing. To submit it to Google, follow these steps:
1. Go to: www.google.com/webmasters/tools/
2 Sign in with your google username and password.
3. You will see a red button Add A Site at the right side of the page. Click on it.
4. A box will appear on the screen. Copy-paste the URL of the website/blog you want to submit in the box and click the button.
5. They will ask for a verification of the ownership of the website/blog. Verify, and your website will be submitted. The verification process may be difficult to beginners. For easy process, first add Google Analytics to your website or blog, and then submit it to Google.
6. If you are a webmaster, it is easy for your to verify the ownership of the website by uploading a HTML file they provide to your website, or by using the alternative methods. The alternative methods include: 1. Adding a meta tag to your website 2. Adding a DNS record to your domain's configuration 3. Using Google Analytics
Submitting Your Website to Yahoo and Bing
How to submit your website or blog to Yahoo and Bing?
You do not need to submit your website/blog to Yahoo and Bing separately, as now the submission to both the search engines is done through Bing Webmaster Tools. Follow these steps:
1. Go to http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster/
2. Sign with your Windows Live ID
3. You will see the Home Page. Click on the Add Site button. A box will open.
4. Copy paste the URL of the website/blog you want to submit, and click on the Submit Botton.
5. They will ask for ownership verification. You can verify the ownership by a. Placing a XML file they provide on your web server, or b. Adding a meta tag they provide in your index page, or c. Add CNAME record to DNS
Once you do this, your website/blog will be submitted both to Bing and Yahoo.
Other Search Engines
Now the question remains: So do you think that you do not need to submit your website to the search engines other than Google, Yahoo and Bing?
Well, you should know that the search market share of these three search engines is a overall share, and not the share of traffic to your website. These sites may fail to send much traffic to your website and other less known search engines can perform better. So never ignore other search engines. Submit your website everywhere, but especially to search engine in your region/nation, and also to niche specific search engines.
I would like to suggest you following search engines, where you should submit your websites in addition to the giants we have discussed above.
Major Search Engines in America
Major Search Engines in India
Major Search Engines in UK
Video on Search Engine Submission
Here is a small video clip which is helpful to know more about search engine submissions.
Submitting Your Website to Google
- SEO: How to Improve Your Google Page Rank
some tips for increasing your page rank in Google and other search engines. Read what Google considers for page ranking in search results and take necessary steps. This will help you to see your pages in first or second page of Google search results,
- SEO: How to Attract Traffic to Your Pages?
I have seen that many of the writers have published hundreds of hubs, but the number of visitors to there hubs is very low. Just writing on HubPages is not enough. We do not write just to express ourselves. Number of visitors to our hubs is most impo
- SEO: How to Get BackLinks: 10 Easy Ways
Getting back links to your pages is an important and a must thing to improve the traffic as well as for improving Page Rank in search engines. Building back links is one of the most important factors to improve Traffic and page rank of your pages.
- How to Increase Your Page Views?
Increasing the number of page views of your website, blog or Hub is a very important thing, especially when you are writing to make money. Even if you are not writing for money, then also you should try that the readers should read more and more arti
More by this Author
What is a Digital SLR Camera? If you are new to photography, this article will help you to know about the basic features of a DSLR camera.
This article deals with removing unwanted friends from your facebook account. It tells you which friends should be removed from your account. I think it may be useful for many. If you want to start a crusade against...
Most of the Jains like to hide the key factors of Jainism and talk only about Non-violence and Vegetarian diet. Here are some unique features of Jainism