How to Choose The Right Tablet Laptop Tips
A tablet laptop is a mobile computer that created out of the result of the combination between a notebook and the PDA, which of course, having both the benefits of mobility and high technology. With its highly effective handwriting recognition function, user can now have a more professional and organized digital text than ever before.
Moreover, as it is designed to be lightweight, it is much easier to carry around and everywhere as you like. This is particularly true if you are getting the slate tablet PC that comes in a variety of sizes and features; iPad indeed is a slate tablet PC and so it's nothing really new.
Now think about bringing it along to Starbucks for your casual internet surfing while having your cup of Joe. Do you want to own a piece of this great innovation and benefit from the advanced computing technology that it offers?
There are people who confused between a tablet laptop with a normal notebook and here, we would look at the differences between these two gadgets.Firstly, is the cost, as touch screen tablet PC has more features and better functionality, it is definitely cost more than a normal notebook. Below are some of the main differences between the two:
- Screen Panel - tablet PC has a thicker screen compares to a normal laptop, due to the additional layer that control and determine the user input precise location. On top of that, for the convertible tablet laptop version, the screen can pivot 180 degrees to allow a more comfortable used folded over the keyboard.
- Stylus - this depends on the type of tablet laptop that you choose and for precise actions, a stylus is necessary, especially when taking notes that requires better recognition from the software.
- Battery Life - touch screen tablet pc have more components and thus, making it consume more power than a normal laptop. And so you should expect a shorter battery life away from the socket. Choose a place where there is a electrical outlet if you plan to use it for longer hour.
- Software Used - a tablet PC has special software and programs that work purposely for it; they are written to make use of the touch capabilities of the touch screen technology. The latest tablet laptop model by Lenovo (a hybrid model) has made use of this quite good. The OS that runs the gadget will switch automatically when the screen is taken off and put on to the machine.
How to Choose a Tablet
Here are some of the tips that can help you to choose the best tablet laptop that suits your needs:
Tablet PC actually comes in three different versions. You can pick the version that best meets your need and usage pattern:
- Convertible models are perhaps the most popular ones as it take advantage from the normal laptop as well. This is the model that comes with a keyboard and touch pad where the screen can be swiveled 180 degrees and folded to hide the keyboard.
- A slate tablet PC, on the other hand, is much portable as it is purposely designed to come without a dedicated keyboard.
- Hybrid models are the ones that have the features from both models. One of the best hybrid model is from Lenovo as shown below.
As mention before, a tablet laptop consumes a lot of power and thus, you should check out its power consumption before proceeding with your purchase. Up to 4 hours of usage is considered to be very good and if you travels a lot, this would be the ideal one.
Memory also plays an important role in a computer's overall performance and since tablet PC is hard to be upgraded, always go for one that offers the higher RAM. At this moment the minimum RAM that you should be looking for should be at least 2GB.
A tablet laptop normally cost from as low as US$300 (small version of slate tablet pc) to as high as US$2,000, the high end models that come with better features and functionality. Business owner or executive might perhaps consider getting the high end tablet laptop since it could help in enhancing productivity and presentation.
The Amazing Hybrid Tablet Laptop by Lenovo
More by this Author
Most laptop or mobile pc speakers are not made to produce high quality of audio. Unless you are opting for a high end laptop with supreme sound system, you might want to purchase a separate pair of laptop speaker to...
All in one computer is becoming popular nowadays, particular for office use. It is a type of pc where all the components are stuffed into one piece which is the monitor. Learn more about this pc here.
Alviss Kong committed suicide after a failure in relationship. He jumped off a building after leaving final messages on Facebook. He was just 22 years old and that was his second relationhip.