Things Me Old Nan says
she's a funny thing me Old Nan. heres a bunch of things she says as she passes on her wisdom to the younger generation.
it was easy to collect all these, i didn't have to write them down, i just copied and pasted them from her facebook status updates.
- The best way to a man's heart is to saw his breast plate open.
- Don't be irreplaceable; if you cannot be replaced, you cannot be promoted.
- Don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.
- Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.
- If opportunity came disguised as temptation, one knock would be enough.
- Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels good.
- No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her garbage.
- If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.
- Everyone hits a brick wall now and then; the trick is not to do it with your head
- If at first you don't succeed, you'll get a lot of free advice from folks who didn't succeed either
- A Woman's Rule of Thumb: If it has tires or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it.
- Any task worth doing was worth doing yesterday.
- Efficiency is a highly developed form of laziness.
their be more coming soon!
Any words of wisdom from YOUR Old Nan? 29 comments
More by this Author
Most of the important nutrients of milk go into the cheese, but without its failings. It is difficult for disease-producing bacteria to live in most cheeses; whilst milk, a first-class culture medium, has spread...
To achieve harmony within the self, to develop a balanced personality, these are the time-honored ideals which give a real purpose to human life. Whether we are conscious of this aim or not, we are all striving, often...
Dripping taps are not only a noisy nuisance, they can be expensive as well, especially if it is hot water leaking away.