How to Configure Your Twitter Account to Update via SMS
Do you find it tiresome to log off the internet when you need to send a text message? Do you find the slow connectivity of your internet makes it frustrating to update your Twitter account? I did, so I started searching for alternative ways to update my Twitter account and found that Twitter allows you post and receive updates using the text messaging or short messaging service (SMS).
In this hub, I will show you how to configure your Twitter account to allow you to post and receive updates through SMS - no more logging on and off and don’t worry, it’s as easy as pie.
Firstly you need to have the following:
- A twitter account;
- A computer with web browsing capabilities;
- An internet connection, and;
- A mobile phone with SMS capabilities.
Before you begin, you must be aware that this service is only application to certain mobile service providers depending on the country you live in. Unfortunately, in Papua New Guinea (PNG) this service is only available through Digicel PNG Ltd.
- Logon to your Twitter account and select Settings. This will open your settings page.
- Select mobile and input your phone number in the box provided. Make sure to select Papua New Guinea as your country and Digicel PNG as your carrier. Then click on Activate.
- You will receive a message from Twitter asking you to verify your phone number by sending a text to 40404. After you do this you will receive a text message informing you that your phone has been verified.
Twitter will send you instructions on how to go about posting using SMS
Congratulations! You are now able to post and receive updates from Twitter via SMS.
More by this Author
How to convert your VHS tapes to digital format for under $50 using EzCap.
Some tips on internet safety when banking using your tablet computer.
A short story entered into the Crocodile Prize. The story is about a man's temptation into corruption.
No comments yet.