Hidden Themes in Windows 7
One of the coolest features in Windows 7 is the ability to change themes on the fly. By default you have a few themes to choose from when you first install the operating system. Windows also has a place to download more themes online. But did you know there are hidden themes buried in Windows 7? Though the themes you will find online will have the same names as the hidden themes they are not the same. So, here is the procedure so that you can see differences for yourself.
- Click on the Start menu and search for Folder Options.
- Select the View tab and then Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"
- Click Yes to the prompt to proceed.
- Now browse to the C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT folder.
- Once there you should have various MCT folders.
- Now go into each folder and open the theme directories and click on the .theme extension files for each.
- Once you are finished be sure to go back and Check "Hide protected operating system files"
- There you have it. These themes are great additions to respective themes that you can download online. Enjoy your new themes!
No comments yet.