10 Items to Keep in an Emergency Travel Bag
Must Have Travel Items
I travel a lot back and forth to Queensland each year to visit my daughters and their families and regular travel seems to become par for the course for me. I have always kept a travel bag ready to go especially when their babies were due and if I had to leave in a hurry and I keep the contents of my travel bag refreshed as I need it. And on my last trip on the plane I was looking around the cabin as people were loading their bags in the overhead lockers and I began to think about items that I keep for a hurried departure in my travel bag and began to wonder what others might keep in theirs. So I thought I would write a hub about the 10 items I would most likely keep in mine.
Necessities. Apart from my ear plugs I use every time I fly to eliminate painful earache, headphones, phone & computer charge these are next on my list.
- Travel shampoo,conditioner and body wash - if space is a problem and these days airlines are extremely strict with luggage weight limit's especially cabin baggage. And you can't find hair products that are suitable in mini packs at the supermarket or hair suppliers. I suggest you use small plastic bottles about 10 to 15 center meters high that can be bought for a couple of dollars in a budget $2 store and can be filled with small amounts of shampoo & conditioner and body wash and that fit easily into a small toiletry bag.
- Toothpaste and toothbrush, floss or mouth wash - again keeping to space limits small tubes of toothpaste are usually available in supermarkets so to are dental floss and mouth wash. My toothbrush never fits into my toiletry bag so either buy one when I get there and leave it there or use a brush cover and keep it in my luggage.
- Hand wipes or anti bacterial gel hand wash - either or I think are so handy when you travel to keep germs at bay. But also if you eat on the plane they are great to keep hands clean.
- Shaver - Needless to say both sexes need them. Single plastics might be lighter and easier to travel with than electric ones and can be easily bought.
- Nail file or nail cutters - some airlines are particular about carrying on nail files so looking for some cutters with a file attached is preferable. Nothing worse than breaking a fingernail and not being able to trim or file them down.
- Sunscreen lotion, to make sure your skin is protected from the elements.
- Bags ie plastic for storing your shoes in your luggage, or wet clothing and a calico bag when you go out shopping so you don't have to take excess plastic.
- Medical kit - great to have as you never know when you'll need it. Think: knife nicks, headaches, blisters, etc. Band aids, burn cream, antiseptic spray, pain tablets, medication for indigestion,upset stomach, rash cream are all good to have on hand, so to are a pair of tweezers.
- Moisturizer & hand cream - always necessary when heading to a hotter climate to maintain skin balance and moisture.
- Sewing Kit - loose threads, buttons popping off, split seems often seem to wait until you are away from home. But can be easily fixed with a sewing kit. Needles, thread, small scissors spare buttons etc can all be a so helpful and save embarrassing moments when travelling.
These are my ideas for an emergency travel bag and I am sure there are some other great ideas out there. Needs vary according to destination and travel purposes but if we are frequent travelers it's always a good idea to keep an emergency travel bag with these and or other items kept ready to go.
What are your two most important travel items?
What would you include?See results without voting
More Hubs by carter06
- What to do if Your Passport is Lost or Stolen while ...
Many people have had their passport lost or stolen while traveling overseas. To lesson stress in a difficult situation these tips might help when traveling. If you are unfortunate enough to have your passport lost or stolen while traveling you...
More by this Author
Self-Worth another name for self esteem defined is : 'confidence in ones own worth or abilities; self respect' Navigating our way through life can have a damaging effect on self esteem for some as we journey through...
Before you travel keep these tips in mind in case you loose your passport - they are sure to lessen the stress in a difficult situation.
Counseling is both a rewarding and worthwhile profession and there are many employment opportunities available in this fast growing industry. If you have been thinking of counseling as a career you might want to...