10 Pet-Friendly San Francisco Hotels
San Franciscans are not shy about our love for pets. We have numerous laws designed to keep our furry friends safe. We have leash-free dog parks and beach spots. We have meetup groups and play dates for our pets. We have doggie bakeries. We even have more than one luxury hotel designed for pets only! But if you’re just visiting here then you need a hotel where you can stay with your pet right? Oh yeah, San Francisco definitely has those, too.
1. Argonaut Hotel. This is a hotel that is priced at a fair rate considering that it is located in San Francisco’s main tourist section near Fisherman’s Wharf. It is a historic boutique hotel. It is not only a pet-friendly hotel but also one that will cater to your pets free of charge. How do they do this? They happily provide food and water bowls, pet treats and beds for pets upon request. Oh and that bed for your pooch? It’s custom made. If you happen to be coming to San Francisco for Halloween then enjoy the Argonaut Hotel's Annual Pet Howl'oween Event. Some of the key things to know as a pet owner here is that there’s no restriction on the number of pets, any type of pet is allowed regardless of size and there is no extra pet fee or deposit required.
2. Galleria Park Hotel. This hotel is one of the hotels in the Joie de Vivre chain of hotels. These hotels are created to treat you and your pet to the ultimate in luxury accommodations. Galleria Park Hotel is located in San Francisco’s Financial District near the shopping center of Union Square. This is a great location for business travelers and also puts other visitors in great proximity to local transportation. It has a “private urban park” on the third floor for you and your pet to enjoy together.
3. Hotel Kabuki. This pet-friendly hotel is located in San Francisco’s Japantown. This is a quiet neighborhood with a lot of interesting shops and dining options. The hotel is a serene Japanese-style hotel that is part of the Joie de Vivre hotel chain. This provides a great experience for you. There isn’t a lot of special stuff for your pet but the pet is welcome here for a small fee.
4. Hotel Monaco. This is a Kimpton boutique hotel and I have to admit that’s a chain of hotels that I’m a fan of. The hotel itself is a four-star hotel. As for the pet situation, your pet is more than welcome here. Some of the things that your pet will enjoy include pet bedding, a souvenir toy to take home with you, designer food and water bowls on a decorative mat and an in-room book about local pet-friendly activities that you can take the pet to enjoy. This hotel has no restrictions on the number of pets allowed or the size of pets allowed and there is no extra fee for bringing your pets with you. The people at the hotel who can’t bring their own pets can borrow a guppy for free to get that pet experience.
5. Hotel Palomar. This is a luxury boutique hotel located near Moscone Center where many of San Francisco’s events are held. This puts it close to both the Financial District and the revitalized SoMA neighborhood. It’s an artistic, creative hotel that also happens to be pet-friendly. When you sign in to your hotel, you can fill out a form providing the hotel with information about your pets’ various needs and preferences. Any number of pets are allowed with no size restrictions and no added fees.
6. Hotel Triton. Hotel Triton is another San Francisco boutique hotel that appeals to artsy people. In fact, it was created by nine artists. It is located at San Francisco’s Union Square so it’s close to shopping, theater and transportation. Like Hotel Palomar, they have a special form that you can fill out to make sure that your pets’ needs are met. They also offer the option of adding the “Bow Wow Pet Package” to your room. This package provides your pet with bottled water, organic pet treats and use of luxury pet beds. There are no number or size restrictions on pets and no fees. However, note that there are some rooms in the hotel (like the eco-rooms) that have to remain pet-free because they are allergen-free spaces for guests.
7. Hotel Vitale. This San Francisco hotel is located on the Embarcadero and overlooks the bay. It is very close to a popular leash-free dog park on the water. Hotel perks for you include soaking tubs on the roof and free yoga classes. Hotel perks for your pet include pet treats and pet toys. This is another of the Joie de Vivre hotels.
8. Laurel Inn. Yet another Joie de Vivre hotel option in the city is Laurel Inn. It is located in the Pacific Heights neighborhood, has great views of the city and is known for its swanky on-site cocktail lounge. It is also known for being petf-friendly and offers beds, food bowls, water bowls, treats and toys to four-legged guests.
9. Serrano Hotel. This downtown luxury hotel is housed in a restored 17-story Spanish revival building. It is another of the city’s Kimpton boutique hotels. It is also one of the most popular San Francisco hotels among pet lovers. They have regular pet-friendly rooms as well as “pet palaces”. They provide pets with themed activities and provide owners with special pet packages. In addition to the free pet perks at this hotel there is an option to buy things like gourmet doggie treats in the lobby. Plus they do something really cool for animals. When you check in, they ask you to play a round of Twenty One (the card game). If they win, they request a $5 donation but the money goes to the SPCA. Of course this hotel accepts any number and size of pets with no added fees.
10. W San Francisco. This is an upscale downtown San Francisco hotel. It offers numerous services for people who bring their pets including pet sitting, grooming and dog walking services. At check-in you’ll receive a pet toy, pet treat and tags for your pet showing that they belong there in the hotel. In the room your pet will get more treats, food and water bowls and a pet bed. You’ll receive information about pet concierge services that include everything from ordering a pet birthday cake to finding the best local dog park. There is a $100 cleaning fee added to the cost of rooms with pets.
More by this Author
There are a lot of foods that are popular in the San Franciso Bay Area. And you can get pretty much any food that you’d like to indulge in when you spend time in this city because there are restaurants of every...
San Francisco is a city of hills. In fact, there are more than forty hills in the approximately fifty square miles that make up this gorgeous city. The thing that people really love about the hills is that the top of a...
How can you tell if your mushrooms are turning bad? Find out the most common signs to look for before throwing them out.