10 Fun & Interesting Facts About Rome, Italy
There are many interesting aspects to Rome Italy and a lot of fun facts too. So sit back listen and you might just learn something about this interesting and historical city of Rome Italy. For example did you know that Rome was originally built on top of seven hills? Or that some of the architectural wonders of this once great empire are older now then previously thought? Come read with me while we discover some other unique treasures of this city.
1. Rome has been called the eternal city. Rome was originally founded almost 700 years before the birth of our Christ. On the historic day of April 21st of every year the Roman gather in the center of this city and celebrate their founding. The celebration contains magnificent parades, shows, and historical reenactments.
2. to the glory of the roman gods there was a historic building built called the Pantheon near or around 30 B.C. It was designed and commissioned by Marcus Agrippa and is one of the only original historic monuments of old Rome still standing today. But what is so unique about this is that it entombs Italy’s first king Vittorio Emanuele II.
3. On one dark side of Rome stands a park called “The Park of monsters” It is a grisly place with statues and horrific figures of Hercules slaying the gigantic ogre. You can walk through the ogre and even hear the growl some people say as it swallows you whole.
4. Another fun fact is that in the Baths of Caracalla were once the community bathing house for all of Rome. It once stood on over 40 acres and could handle 2000 people at a time. What’s left now is only ruins but still magnificent ruins they are.
5. we all know that pasta comes from Italy and the Italians have taking this in stride and done a museum up dedicated only to the history of pasta. It showcases the cooking, delivering setup and history of pasta from all over the world.
6. The largest church ever designed and built sits in the center of Rome’s Vatican city, St Peters Basilica.
7. Rome also contains one of mankind’s monuments dedicated to death and entertainment for thousands of people in the old Rome the Coliseum.
8. In old roman times there was once a dedicated Christian sec known as the Capuchin monks. These dedicated religious followers have a sanctuary of bones that create symbolic works of art in a series of chapels. Some of the bones are still fully intact and on display to the public.
9. The largest museum in the world sits inside the Vatican city walls. The Vatican museum and its works of art are on display for the public year round. You can see thousands of pieces of history and not cover a third of it in one day.
10. Inside the Vatican city also stands St peters Basilica it stood erect for more than 1200 years until it nearly completely collapsed and rebuilt to it previous splendor in the early 1500’s.. On display is some of the greatest artist the world has ever seen and is a must be place to stop on any tour.
- Things To Do on Vacation in Abruzzo, Italys Central Region
In this central region of Italy is Abruzzo slowly becoming a very popular destination with tourist. A lot of people from the Americas and Europe are making this destination the new place to be to get away from it all. There are wonderful villas with
- Fun & Interesting Facts about the Culture in Italy
There are many reasons why Expats pick the countries that they are moving to. A lot of it has to do with the attitude of the person maybe they have visited there in the past and like the lifestyle associated in that country.
- Places to Tour in Venice, Italy
Italy contains some of the greatest wonders of the world. Including some of the most historic and wonderful cities that man has built upon the earth. One of the greatest and most romantic cities that Italy has is Venice.
- Fun & Interesting Vacation Ideas for Italy
If you are planning a vacation and you want to go to somewhere unique has lots of history and beauty. Then I would suggest planning your trip to Italy. A trip to Italy will stay with you for eternity one where you are not surrounded by Bermuda short
- 20 Fun & Interesting Facts about Italy
Everything you Ever needed to know about Italy
- 5 Tips on Expat Taxes
As we continue our expatriate series we defined in the last article about how an expatriate can be happy but we are going to turn to a more serious role. Taxes uggh. Yes they are horrible but it is...
- Top 5 Places to See in Rome
There are many places in Italy that people go to but none more than the famous city of Rome. When you visit Rome there is a unique sense of intrigue with this great city of culture and history. This is...
- Welcome | ExpatCrossing.com
Welcome to ExpatCrossing. com!This is newest website dedicated to the Expatriate Community. If you are moveing international, transitioning oversea...
More by this Author
Germany is one of the most historic, cultural, and tradition rich country in the world. It has some unique places all over the country side. However, there are some wonderful places to live too.
Germany is one of the most fascinating countries with a unique, historical, and cultural tradition that continues to this day. Here, are the most 20 fun and interesting facts about Germany.
Nicaragua is the land of traditions, history and culture that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Lets take a look at some of the fun and interesting facts that make Nicaragua one of the best countries in the...