11 Fun Things To Do In Wildwood, New Jersey
Start Your Vacation In Wildwood
If you are getting ready to take a vacation or just looking for something fun filled and exciting to do, why not choose Wildwood, New Jersey. Take a look at the list below to begin your adventure. Wildwood, New Jersey has a population of about 5,500 during the off season. The fun really begins during the peak season when about 250,00 people start pouring in for a good old time. Peak season begins in the spring and keeps going strong until the fall.
To start things off check out the Earth Cam on the beach to see what is going on right now.
1. Climb the Hereford Inlet Lighthouse. Browse the charming 19th century lighthouse, the Lighthouse was listed in the National Registry of Historic places on September 20, 1977. It has a lovely garden and expansive gift shop. And a beautiful view of the ocean, you can learn a lot about the early history of Wildwood New Jersey right here at the lighthouse. You will find the historic Lighthouse in the Village of Anlesea, North Wildwood New Jersey.
2. Grab a surfboard, or body board and go surfing. Surfing is great all year long. Maybe a little nippy in the winter months, however, the prime surf season in New Jersey occurs during the fall months. A warm full suit with booties, gloves and a hood are all you need if you want to stay warm from the chilly Atlantic ocean. If your are looking to buy surfing goodies the surf shops are plenty. You cannot miss them.
3. Go beach combing. Grab yourself a basket or a beach bag and wander the oceans edge for treasures of all kinds. You might find shells, starfish, pretty stones and who knows what other little treasures you might dig up. Go slow, be extra patient, and look carefully, dig into the sand and investigate the shores of Wildwood. Beware though, keep your eyes open for those pesky jellyfish.
4. Take a jog or leisurely walk along the 2 mile stretch of the Wildwood boardwalk. The view is unquestionably beautiful. At night it is like a mini Mardi Gras with all the lights and the bells ringing like a carnival throughout the boardwalk. The 38 block boardwalk has more rides than Disneyland, everything from kiddie rides to looping, and world-class roller coasters. You can find shopping, souvenirs and plenty to eat on the boardwalk anytime of day or night.
5. Pack up your beach gear, pack a cooler full of soft drinks, snacks and head off to the unbeatable Wildwood beach. Lounge in the warm glow of the sunshine. The lush blue ocean view, relaxing to sounds of a gentle ocean breeze. Don't forget to bring your sunscreen along, you don't want to spoil your fun with a bad sunburn. Access to the beach is always free. Wildwood was chosen Number 1 in the Top 10 Family Beaches by the New Jersey Star-Ledger. Enjoy a beach adventure you soon won't forget.
6. There are 3 amazing fun filled water parks in Wildwood, pick one or all three. Grab the family and all your friends for a day of fun in the sun.
http://www.splashzonewaterpark.c om/ Many of the water parks have specials and an abundance of family activities for everyone in your group to enjoy. Pick one and let the world be your oyster.
7. Take a whale watching cruise. Look for humpback whales and fin back whales, sea birds, and dolphins. This is one of the most amazing activities that should be experienced by anyone who enjoys seeing ocean life up close Nature at it's best. http://www.jjcboats.com Cruising the Atlantic ocean looking for sea life is an experience like no other.
8. Play a challenging game of Mini-Golf. With about eight different miniature golf establishments, you have a wide arena to choose from. There are several on the boardwalk, and many more scattered throughout Wildwood. These courses are not your tiny little Mini-Golf courses, they have 18 hole courses with themes of various paths for exciting challenges. Many are also climate controlled, so come rain or shine.
9. Go deep sea fishing. There are over 100 party boats making daily trips to the Ocean Fishing Grounds. , Boats leave daily full day (at 8 a.m. and return about 4 p.m.) and half-day (8 a.m. to 12 noon/1 p.m. to 5 p.m.). Fishing trips are available at most docks. Night fishing is also available.
10. Visit The Wildwood Historical Museum. Called the FunChase, The George F. Boyer Museum has vintage photos, artifacts and memorabilia, depicting the different centuries of Wildwood, New Jersey from it's merger with Holly Beach City, to the present day. Wildwood Historical Society, Inc. 3907 Pacific Avenue, Holly Beach Mall, Wildwood, N. J. 08260 (609) 523-0277 It is an absolutely amazing fun place you won't want to miss.
11. And lastly enjoy breakfast lunch or dinner at one of the 400 restaurants Wildwood has to offer. There is every kind of food imaginable. Loads of fresh seafood of course, hot dogs, funnel cakes, pot handle chili, fish tacos, and so, so, much more. So begin planning your next vacation at the The Wildwoods of New Jersey. They offer days and nights of fun and celebration for folks of every age and interest.
Other Fun Vacation Dstinations
- 11 Fun Things To Do In Daytona Beach, Florida
Daytona Beach, Florida is a famous vacation destination people enjoy coming back to time and time again. Thousands of people visit every year for business, pleasure and lots of partying. They mostly come to...
- 5 Great North Carolina Getaways
Looking for a vacation? These distinguished North Carolina Getaways offer something for the entire family, couples, or a girlfriends only getaway. North Carolina is approximately 550 miles wide, from east to...
- Vacation In The Quad Cities-Family Fun Places-Amusem...
Connected by the magnificent Mississippi River, Rock Island and Moline/East Moline are the riverfront cities in Illinois, and the Iowa side of the river is Bettendorf and Davenport to make up the Quad cities....
More by this Author
The Illinois-Iowa area known as the Quad cities has much to offer when you are looking for an exciting place to visit. Family fun, or just for grown-ups, you will find an adventure in the Quad cities.
Daytona Beach, Florida is a famous vacation destination people enjoy coming back to time and time again. Thousands of people visit every year for business, pleasure and lots of fun.
As your cat gets older it's needs begin to change. They need exercise in a different way, better nutrition and overall attention a young cat may not require. Senior cats need a little extra care.