What Are The 5 Differences Between 2 Star Hotels And 5 Star Hotels?
Every hotel will typically have a star rating assigned to it. How these stars are determined varies from one country to another. The star rating is meant to rate each hotel in reference to quality. Although many travelers base their decision on the star rating a hotel has there is really no standard system for rating used in the world. For example in Europe they use a four star system whereas in the United States they use five. One star is the lowest and the highest number is the best.
Who Rates The Hotels
In Europe the star ratings are normally provided by independent organizations or local government agencies. These rating can vary from city to city and country to country. What this simply means is that there is no organized measure that is used universally or even in the same town. Several organizations, travel websites and National consumer travel groups assign stars to hotels. The problem is they all use different criteria to arrive upon their rating. Therefore one hotel may have different ratings from different groups that define their stars differently. Each group will normally explain how they determine their ratings. If you are really concerned about the rating it is best that you find out who gave the rating and what their criteria was. A hotel is typically rated in accordance with the comfort and amenities it has to offer the consumer. Lets examine 5 fairly standard differences between a 2 star and 5 star hotels.
1. Service – A five star hotel will typically offer valet parking, a bellboy to carry your luggage, room service and a massage therapist for outstanding customer service. A two star hotel will typically offer none of the above. Your service will be limited to a friendly smile and a maid straightening up your room every morning.
2. Luxury – A five star hotel will be defined by luxurious settings, a distinct style and elegance beyond compare. Rooms will have only the highest quality linens. A two star hotel will typically be chain oriented and offer steadfast quality and a few amenities. Rooms will offer your basic comforts.
3. Cuisine – Most five star hotels have a chef under their employment and offer gourmet menus and room service is normally available around the clock. If you are lucky a two star hotel may have an adjoining café to dine in during normal hours.
4. Amenities – Both types of hotels will offer television and a phone. The difference will be in the quality and elegance of each. Five star hotels will typically also offer tennis courts, golf courses, basketball courts, large swimming pools, Jacuzzi tubs and a stocked refrigerator. A two star hotel may have a small pool but typically the amenities will be quite limited.
5. The Experience – It is all about the experience. A five star hotel will typically offer you an experience of a lifetime. You will be pampered and serviced in ways that are above and beyond the norm. A five star hotel should tantalize all of your senses. A two star hotel is not designed for the total experience. It is designed to offer you the basic in comfort for a descent nights rest.
As stated earlier there really is no consistent standard rating system that is universally accepted or utilized. The above differences are based upon generalities found in most rating systems. Most any hotel will offer you the basics that will provide you with a restful nights sleep. When you plan for a stay at a five star hotel you are treating yourself extra special. You are taking comfort and quality to its highest level. A two star hotel is a place to stop and rest for the night.
Which do you frequent most
Do You Normally Stay in a 2 Star or 5 Star Hotel?See results without voting
More by this Author
On the journey to establishing what ‘no frills’ hotels are you first must determine what ‘no frills’ means. The term ‘no frills’ is typically utilized to indicate a service or...
No comments yet.