20 Fun & Interesting Facts about Brazil
1. Brazils motto is "Ordem e Progresso"-(Order and Progress) which relates to Brazils social economy. It has progressed towards a number of social initiatives with which it appears to be gaining ground. Making it one of the most successful democracies in all of South America.
2. The official language of Brazil is Portuguese (official), Spanish, English, and French
3. In recent years, Brazil has taken the world lead in alternative fuel production. Brazil is the leading producer of Ethanol and other bio fuels that power Allowing for more production of alternative fuels than any other country in the world.
4. Among the most famous Brazilian past times, it is brazils world famous soccer team It has made the world cup playoffs more times than most of the world’s soccer teams.
5. Sao Paulo is Brazil’s largest city it is also one of the world largest with over 10.7 million people.
6. Brazil has the largest river (Amazon) running through the center of the world’s largest untouched jungle
7. With Brazil being such a large country, the population in some parts is extremely poor. So, having easy access to cheap, reliable phone service has falling on the mobile companies. There are a million more mobile phones being used in Brazil every day compared to land line phones.
8. Brazil has more native tribes in the Amazon that are still carrying on their traditional, cultural and historical traditions from thousands of years ago.
9. Brazil contains some of the world largest reserves and is considered one of the world’s largest oil exporters behind Saudi Arabia
10. Rio de Janeiro is amongst the most famous places in Brazil. A tourist has loads of things to look forward to in Rio de Janeiro. One of the hottest celebrations that happen in Rio is the famous festival of Carnival. Every year thousands of people flock to this city for this world class celebration.
11. Brazil’s world famous Soccer team has won the World Cup a total of 6 times
12. Brazil has the largest population in South America currently below the world’s equation of poverty.
13. Brazil is the first country to eliminate a lot of state owned business and opt for a more democratic form of business.
14. Brazil is the largest country in South American, and it proves it by bordering every country in South America except Chile and Ecuador.
15. With Brazil’s large swaths of Amazon rain forest, it can boast that it contains the largest indigenous species of monkeys anywhere in the world.
16. The currency or Brazil has photos on it, the photos sit both in the horizontal and vertical access to prevent counterfeiting.
17. Brazil’s most major export to the world is coffee. Grown on the sides of mountains near the amazon
18. Brazil is a very large country which creates for a very diverse population. The majority of the population is Roman Catholic.
19. Brazil’s soccer team had been so successful that when Brazil built its first stadium it is now the largest soccer stadium in the world.
20. With Brazil’s large Roman Catholic population, they decided to erect one of the highest standing statues of Jesus in the world. It stands more than 1400 feet above sea level
- Fun & Interesting Facts About Living in Brazil
There are a number of places that you can go and visit in Brazil, South America. There is only one place that is truly unforgettable Grande Serto Veredas Park is that place
- Facts & Statistics About Poverty in Brazil
Brazil is the biggest country in Latin America. The poverty in Brazil is visible with the slums in the countrys metropolitan areas, and its remote upcountry regions suffering from economic underdevelopment and the substandard living conditions.
- Top Ten Fun & Interesting Reasons to Visit Brazil
What are the Top ten reasons that you can think of to visit Brazil? Brazil is a country full of immense natural beauty. Exotic beaches and lush rain forests are a few of the wonderful attractions that await visitors and expats alike. Brazil is home t
More by this Author
Chile is full of tradition, history, and culture that make it one of the most interesting countries on earth. Here, are some of the top fun and interesting facts about chile
where are the fun places to visit in brazil? What are the non tourist traps in brazil? where is the best nightlife in brazil click and find out
Nicaragua is the land of traditions, history and culture that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Lets take a look at some of the fun and interesting facts that make Nicaragua one of the best countries in the...