20 Fun & Interesting Facts about France
1. France has a long history with many sports. Their most famous is soccer followed by bicycling. The world famous tour de France is held there every year.
2. Healthcare in France has been rated against other countries in the World. With France always coming out within in the top 5 spots.
3. There are over 1 million illegal immigrants in France. Many are fighting for equal right among the French people today
4. France has one of the highest populations in Europe. As of the national 2010 census count there are over 10 million people in the country of France.
5. France for most of the last decade has been the innovator when it comes to railroads. They have one of the largest networks of railroads in the world. Recently Germany was granted the number one spot as having the largest in railroads.
6. The French Judicial system is unique. They call it a civil, judicial system meaning that the judges do not make laws only interpret them for the majority.
7. The most popular religion in France is Roman Catholic followed by Islam. Which France has many illegal aliens form many Muslim countries that have incorporated the Islamic religion in the nation/
8. France is the largest country in Europe with over 3000 miles of coast line
9. The Chanel Tunnel connects the countries of France and England greatly benefiting both countries in trade and economic ties
10. France is one of the most popular countries to visit any time of the year with an annual tourist rate of over 65 million visitors annually
11. The first Flight of the supersonic concord took place from the French city of Toulouse, instantly becoming the fastest commercial plane in the world. The concord was retired in 2008 due to environmental concerns
12. Disney land, California, and Orlando was so popular among Europeans Disney decided to build the only one in Europe in outside Paris, France
13. The Statue of Liberty one of the most recognized statues in the world was given by France to the United States as a token of friendship
14. The tour D France is the most popular bicycle competition in the world covering almost 2100 miles for the world title.
15. France is the only country in Europe that has 5 major water systems and 7 different mountain ranges running through and around it
16. France is home to French wine considered to be the highest class of wine anywhere in the world
17. The makers of Levis jeans were originally founded in the city of Nimes, France which made jeans, an overnight sensation
18. France was once a British colony for over 3 ½ centuries. The hatred towards the British, still continue to this day.
19. France is home to the largest historical museum in the world the, Louvre. Which holds, some of the world’s most iconic paintings and sculptures
20. France was the first country in the world to introduce the gothic architecture style, and use it widely during the reign of King Phillip
- Tunnels: Channel Tunnel
There are all sorts of transportation tunnels to drive through or ride through. But, none of them compared to the building of the channel tunnel from England to France. This massive undertaking that has been talked about since the early 1800s had fin
- Top Ten places to Visit in France
There is any number of locations to visit and see while you are there here is a list of the Top Ten must See places in France
- The Best of Cycling Le Tour De France
The tour de France was first run in the early 1900s. One hundred plus years and this world famous bicycle race is still the most famous. The tour de France runs for 23 days in the month of July, normally hundreds of cyclist pedal there way across Fra
- Welcome | ExpatCrossing.com
Welcome to ExpatCrossing. com!This is newest website dedicated to the Expatriate Community. If you are moveing international, transitioning oversea...
More by this Author
If, you love castles like i do then there is only one place to go to see the greatest castles ever built. That is in Germany. Germany has thousands of years’ worth of historical, cultural, and traditional castles...
Germany is one of the most historic, cultural, and tradition rich country in the world. It has some unique places all over the country side. However, there are some wonderful places to live too.
Germany is one of the most fascinating countries with a unique, historical, and cultural tradition that continues to this day. Here, are the most 20 fun and interesting facts about Germany.
No comments yet.