20 Fun & Interesting Facts about Germany
1. Germany is one of the most historically rich countries in the world there are over 150 historical castles located in Germany. Some of the castles offer daily tours to visitors to allow them to experience the wonders of these historical monuments
2. Beer is the Drink of the people in Germany with an annual amount of 5.6 liters per person. Making Germany the World’s consumer of Beer.
3. German people who answer the telephone answer it using there surname and not the regular way by using “hello”
4. During a routine mission of the North Atlantic. One of Germanys U-boats in World War 2 started to have issues with its internal plumbing. The problem was so severe the sub was soon abandoned and it sunk. The problem with the plumbing was that the toilet was backed up causing internal pressure in the pipes which led to its sinking during WW2.
5. Germany is the leading producer of toilet paper. The German People only like to use the best that can be offered. The Toilet paper in Germany is very vibrant and soft usually has the thickness of a dish towel
6. Germans love their breads. They are famous for making some of the world’s best breads. Today when you go you can find over 300 different kinds of breads available on a daily basis.
7. Germany was the first country to adopt daylight savings time in the early 1900’s
8. The first book ever printed was in German. The King James Version of the bible was finally available to the world.
9. Mercedes is known for its elegance and comfort it also makes all the taxis in Germany
10. Germanys is one of the world’s leading soccer teams every year. Soccer is the official sport of Germany
11. There is such a large popularity for soccer in Germany over 200 individual clubs devoted to the game are available for people to join all over the country. 12. Berlin is the largest city on the European continent
13. The German people are fascinated with the wild world. They have devoted a lot of time and effort into making each of their 400 zoos identical to the native habitats of its animals.
14. Considered the father of modern advanced mathematics. Albert Einstein was born in Ulm Germany
15. One great invention to come from Germany that is now used all over the world is the pregnancy test
16. The coo coo clock was invented in Germany in the 17th century. It soon became world famous for the small bird that comes out every hour to let you know the time.
17. Germanys influence on its neighboring countries is large. German is spoken in a number of countries that border Germany
18. October fest is the World’s celebration of beer but starts in September
19. Only about 2% of Germans do not use cell phones the lowest in the world
20. Germany is made of tiny districts each of them carry a different dialect of the German language. There are 35 dialects of the German language
- Top 10 Largest Castles in Germany
Here are the greatest castles that anyone visiting or living in Germany should take extra time to see and experience.
- Top Ten Places to Visit in Germany
Germany is a place rich in history, culture, and people. If you are going to visit one of the richest places in Europe there are some special places that I have in mind that are a must for the European traveler to Germany.
- Ten Fun & Interesting Places to visit In Berlin, Germany
Ten Fun & Interesting Places to visit In Berlin, Germany
- Places to visit in Koln, Germany
The story of Koln begins in the year 40 B.C. the first major settlers in this city were the Roman armies marching in from the south.
- Expat Locations to Live in Germany
In Germany while visiting or looking for the ideal location to live you will come across a variety of cities. Each city has its own people, culture, and attitudes. Thus finding the best one for you may seem over whelming.
- Bizarre Buildings Around the World: Nord LB building (Hannover, Germany)
There is a very unique and bizarre building that I came across in Hanover Germany. This building is currently owned by Behnisch, Behnisch & Partners. It is the main headquarters for the bank called Nord/LB.
- Getting Married in Germany
Every country has their own rules and regulations about the marital bliss of their citizens and when marring non citizens. Germany is no exception to this rule and when in the process of marring a noncitizen in Germany can be very cumbersome.
- Guide to Pharmacies Germany
In Germany as in any country if you are an expat living there and you get sick you are going to need to find away to get the medicine that you need. Normally in most languages pharmacy is somewhat summarily spelled but in German it is referred to as
- How To get Around Germany with Highspeed Railway
Germany is known for many things in the past and the present. But, there is one thing that Germany is just starting to be recognize for its modern and efficient high speed rail.
- Welcome | ExpatCrossing.com
Welcome to ExpatCrossing. com!This is newest website dedicated to the Expatriate Community. If you are moveing international, transitioning oversea...
More by this Author
If, you love castles like i do then there is only one place to go to see the greatest castles ever built. That is in Germany. Germany has thousands of years’ worth of historical, cultural, and traditional castles...
Germany is one of the most historic, cultural, and tradition rich country in the world. It has some unique places all over the country side. However, there are some wonderful places to live too.
Nicaragua is the land of traditions, history and culture that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Lets take a look at some of the fun and interesting facts that make Nicaragua one of the best countries in the...