20 Fun & Interesting Facts about India
1. India’s population is over 1.5 billion people
2. India is only half the size of the United states
3. Indians do not use much toilet paper but mostly left hand to splash water so they never shake or gesture with the left hand it is considered unclean
4. India is the number one place in murder rate
5. India still uses the Caste system in 2011
6. Cows wander freely from place to place in India usually near a statue to bring good luck since they are considered sacred
7. Woman do not say their husbands name out loud in public it is considered a sign of dis respect
8. India is the birthplace of chess. The original word for “chess” is the Sanskrit chaturanga, meaning “four members of an army”
9. India has the largest postal service in the world with over 150000 post offices located all over the country
10. Cricket is India’s national sport first introduced by England
11. In the world of time zones India is the only country that is in just one time zone
12. Alexander the great wanted to take over India to solve the mystery of the ocean He prayed to the god of water and sacrificed two cows to thank him for the revelation
13. India declared its independence from Britain in 1947
14. Mohandas K. Gandhi is considered the greatest prophet in India of all time. He worked towards the independence from British rule.
15. India and Pakistan have been fighting over the common lands for over 300 years
16. Every major religion in the world can be found in India most countries in the world are specific.
17. Rabies and diarrhea are common in India because of wild animals and unsafe drinking water
18. India is considered to have the largest democracy in the world
19. Indus Valley civilization, is the oldest civilization in India
20. Greek sculpture strongly influenced many portrayals of Indian gods and goddess since the adventures of alexander the great
- Top Three Fun & Interesting Cities in India to Visit
Top Three Fun & Interesting Cities in India to Visit
- Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple, India
Southern India is a mecca for those that are fascinated with Indian culture. The heritage you will encounter there is tremendous and beautiful. Taking a temple tour of southern India’s most historic treasures is a must for anyone visiting there. Ther
- Living in India
In the East there are many countries none above India though. They are a very diverse and unique culture all their own. It has an opportunity for expat living above no other
- Welcome | ExpatCrossing.com
Welcome to ExpatCrossing. com!This is newest website dedicated to the Expatriate Community. If you are moveing international, transitioning oversea...
More by this Author
Everything you ever needed to know About Yemen
Everything you ever needed to know about Syria
Taiwan is one of the most unique countries in the world. It provides visitors and tourist many wonderful things to experiance like culture, history, and raditions of tawians people. Here, are 20 of the most interesting...