20 Fun & Interesting Facts about Ireland
1. Ireland is known as the worlds The Emerald Isle due to the thick and magical greenery that cascades its lands.
2. The highest immigration rate in history was from Ireland most Americans have at least one Irish ancestry in their background.
3. Ireland is very popular with polish citizens that immigrate to Ireland more so because there are more polish then actual people from Ireland there
4. The national sport of Ireland is soccer
5. The most perfect country for beer is Ireland they have over 250 different kinds you can choose from
6. Irish are known to be drinkers the best in the world
7. The first St Patrick’s day was celebrated in Ireland in the mid 1700’s
8. The Celtic religion originated in Early Ireland history
9. The first divorce ever granted in Ireland was done in 1997
10. Ireland is trying to get back to its roots even with the use of Gaelic-speaking professionals now teaching the language in local schools
11. The most lucky symbol in the world originated in Ireland the four leaf clover
12. Obituaries are read over the local radio stations in Ireland. It is one of the most popular shows of all time running for the last 75 years
13. As with most modern countries there are more cell phones in Ireland then people
14. Ireland has produced Bram Stoker, James Joyce, Oscar Wilde, William Butler Yeats, and many greater literary artists.
15. Dublin is the capitol of Ireland
16. Ireland has many medieval castles that heaven holes were first introduced where several archers could fight from the same window at different angles.
17. The Harp is an Irish tradition as well as first made in the Isle
18. Major religion in Ireland is Roman Catholic
19. Killarney is the highest mountain in Ireland
20. Rugby is also the second national sport behind football in Ireland
More by this Author
Germany is one of the most fascinating countries with a unique, historical, and cultural tradition that continues to this day. Here, are the most 20 fun and interesting facts about Germany.
If, you love castles like i do then there is only one place to go to see the greatest castles ever built. That is in Germany. Germany has thousands of years’ worth of historical, cultural, and traditional castles...
Taiwan is one of the most unique countries in the world. It provides visitors and tourist many wonderful things to experiance like culture, history, and raditions of tawians people. Here, are 20 of the most interesting...