20 Fun & Interesting Facts about Norway
1. Two years after WW 2 the people of the city of Oslo sent a Christmas tree to the prim minister in England as a thank you for their support during the war
2. During the Norwegian summer on the west coast you can have up to four different seasons
3. The reindeer is from Norway
4. The country is very far north the sun only stays out for 21 hours during summer and during winter only 3 hours
5. Harlem Brundtland was the first female Prime Minister in Norway
6. The most popular souvenir of tourist is the popular is the “moose crossing” signs
7. Legos were invented in Norway
8. Norway is only slightly larger than New Mexico and the land is mostly mountains
9. Norway has the highest gas prices in the world even though they are a large oil exporter
10. The mountains of Norway have been found to contain a large number of mammoth bones
11. Skiing was invented in Norway
12. Vikings were actually a peaceful people that had immigrated to Norway known as the Norse
13. Norway means Path To The North
14. Krisi Larsen, mother of Gesher, was fined for US$ 420 and jailed for 2 days for naming her son Gesher
15. Drunk driving and getting caught in Norway they will revoke your license for life on the first offence
16. The government of Norway is Republic of Socialist
17. Norway has one of the most on time public transient systems in the world
18. Norway has many lakes and mountains which are popular ice finishing spots
19. Hornindalsvatnet is Norway's and Europe's deepest lake, at 514 meters. Its surface is 53 meters above sea level, which means that its bottom is 461 meters below sea level.
20. Jostedalsbreen is the largest glacier in Europe
More by this Author
If, you love castles like i do then there is only one place to go to see the greatest castles ever built. That is in Germany. Germany has thousands of years’ worth of historical, cultural, and traditional castles...
Germany is one of the most historic, cultural, and tradition rich country in the world. It has some unique places all over the country side. However, there are some wonderful places to live too.
Germany is one of the most fascinating countries with a unique, historical, and cultural tradition that continues to this day. Here, are the most 20 fun and interesting facts about Germany.