20 Fun & Interesting Facts about Panama
1. Panama is one of the largest countries in Central America. However Panama has the smallest population anywhere in Central America
2. When the original Panama Canal was built in the late 1890s the US the Panama Canal was giving to the Panamanians in 1999
3. One of the greatest manmade structures ever built in Central America is the Panama Canal. It is now considered one of the world’s 7 modern wonders.
4. Panama is one of only a few countries in the world who decided by constitution not to have a military force. Instead Panama has Panamanian Public Forces that were created to police the country
5. Panama is one of the few countries in the world to use 2 different types of currency. The Currency used in Panama is the Balboa and Dollar
6. This little country of Panama is known as one of the most diverse locations in the world for exotic wildlife. There are plants, animals, and other natural occurrences that only happen in panama and nowhere else in the world.
7. Panama is in a unique position in Central America. From one side of panama you are on the Atlantic Ocean and you can watch the sunrise. Then with just a couple of hours trip to the Pacific you can watch the sun set.
8. Panama has had a mainly a male dominated political system since its independence that all changed when in 1999 Panama named its first woman president, Mireya Moscoso
9. Panamas past time is soccer is has been the official sport of panama since its inception in the early 1900s
10. Panama had a railroad in the New York stock exchange used to be the highest option per share of any industry in the world at 295 dollars
11. Panama is the youngest country in the world only turning 100 in 2003 after they declared independence from Spain
12. The Panamanian constitution gives foreigners and citizens the same right to own property
13. Panama has more United States Expats than any other country in the world.
14. Columbus did not stop at the Caribbean when he landed in the new world he went on to explore most of Central America and even Panama in 1502
15. Panama is one of the smallest countries in the world but the most advanced in Central America
16. Most of the land rights in panama are protected rain forest instituted by the government in 1970
17. The Panama Canal is the most popular destination in Panama
18. Panama is the main location in Central America where you can experience the rich cultural, historical and traditional experiences of the Mayan and Aztec culture
19. Panama is one of the only locations in all of Central America with the richest and most historical cathedrals are located. Many bishops came to help with the construction of the first cathedrals in Central America and were there to advise the construction
20. The Panama hat originated in where else Panama (Indiana jones hat)
- Top 5 Places To visit in Panama City, Panama
There are a number of different things to do on your visit to Panama City. These tourist sites in Panama City all have their own unique history, culture and traditions and we will spend a few min going over the top five places that you will not want
- Panama & Panamanian Culture People, Culture, and Values
Panama & Panamanian Culture People, Culture, and Values
- Cathedrals of Panama -- The Metropolitan Cathedral
The cathedral is found in Casco Viejo and reflects the Spanish presence due to the building’s dimensions and age. It’s construction lasted more than 108 years, built between 1688 and 1796.
- Welcome | ExpatCrossing.com
Welcome to ExpatCrossing. com!This is newest website dedicated to the Expatriate Community. If you are moveing international, transitioning oversea...
More by this Author
El Salvador is rich in Historical, Cultural, and traditions that have helped shape not only El Salvador but the World.
Nicaragua is the land of traditions, history and culture that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Lets take a look at some of the fun and interesting facts that make Nicaragua one of the best countries in the...
Fun facts about guatemala, everything you ever wanted to know about guatemala