20 Fun & Interesting Facts about Poland
1. Poland is considered the 9th largest country in Europe by land mass
2. Instead of birthdays Poland celebrates a more important day called “name day”
3. Nicolaus Copernicus was a famous polish astronomer who first proposed that the earth was not the center of the universe
4. Wroclaw celebrates medieval times festival with traditional clothing and festivities related to medieval times
5. Pizza served in Poland does not contain any sauce, Instead the water brings ketchup to the table as a side
6. Poland does not use toilet paper as we know it in the west they use crepe to make toilet paper which is rougher
7. Poland loves there beer some of it contains almost 10% by volume
8. Poland has a Pope channel so if you long to see the Pope then tune him in 24 hours a day on public TV
9. Saint John’s Kupala is a festival that is celebrated in Poland where people jump over fires
10. The average yearly income for polish workers is only 6,500 USD
11. Poland celebrates Christmas on 2 days instead of one the 25th and 26th
12. Poland has a lot of lakes nearly 2500 each are at least 3 acres in size
13. The population of Poland is approx. 40 million people one of the most populous in Europe
14. Bledow is an actual desert in Poland
15. Thanks to Germany in the west Poland’s borders have changed many times over the centuries
16. Poland is actually considered the heart of Europe or the central location
17. The polish alphabet consist of 32 letters
18. Poland first came to existence in 966 A.D
19. Forests cover almost one third of Poland. Over 50% of the land is dedicated to farming.
20. Gingerbread is the most observed dessert in Poland
More by this Author
If, you love castles like i do then there is only one place to go to see the greatest castles ever built. That is in Germany. Germany has thousands of years’ worth of historical, cultural, and traditional castles...
Germany is one of the most fascinating countries with a unique, historical, and cultural tradition that continues to this day. Here, are the most 20 fun and interesting facts about Germany.
Nicaragua is the land of traditions, history and culture that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Lets take a look at some of the fun and interesting facts that make Nicaragua one of the best countries in the...