20 Fun & Interesting Facts about Russia
1. Russia geography has put it in an interesting place the ural mountains are the first created
2. The Khibins are the highest mountains in Russia located near the polar circle
3. Russia's official name is the Russian Federation-came into effect in 1991when the Soviet Union split into 15 geo-political parts
4. Russia contains over 100 reserves and 15 huge national parks
5. Siberia is used in Russia as a place to send people who commit crimes Siberian prison underground
6. Russia is so large that the country can touch 12 different seas
7. Russia has some of the most intriguing architecture that came out of the Greco period
8. Russia has 2000 libraries over 300 museums and other national historic sites some of the largest in the world
9. The Russian federation covers 3/5 of the northern hemisphere
10. Russia religion is Greek orthodox
11. The biggest export in Russia is vodka the government tax income comes from 10% from the sale of Vodka
12. Russia is considered the largest exported of coal and natural gas in the world
13. The official language in Russia is (shockingly) Russian. This language uses the Cyrillic alphabet instead of Latin and is one of the five most spoken languages in the world.
14. The most played sport in Russia is Chess
15. Soccer comes only second to chess in Russia but still considered popular
16. Russia consist of 11 different time zones
17. About three quarters of Russian people live in small apartments during the week and travel to their cottages on the weekends for relaxation
18. Russian education system only goes to grade 9
19. ◦In Russia, grandmothers—babushkas and grandfathers have a strong role in the central family unit
20. There are no divorces in Russia just mysterious deaths
More by this Author
Fun facts about guatemala, everything you ever wanted to know about guatemala
Germany is one of the most fascinating countries with a unique, historical, and cultural tradition that continues to this day. Here, are the most 20 fun and interesting facts about Germany.
If, you love castles like i do then there is only one place to go to see the greatest castles ever built. That is in Germany. Germany has thousands of years’ worth of historical, cultural, and traditional castles that...
No comments yet.