20 Fun & Interesting Facts about South Africa
1. South Africa has the oldest mountain on earth it is called table mountain
2. South Africas Table Mountain has over 1500 species of plants and animals. There is more biodiversity in this small location, than in any other country, in the world.
3. South Africa has a road that is called the “1000 miles of wine” On this route you can see the large variety of different vineyards that spread across the country side.
4. South Africa is the main producer and exporter of much variety of fruit. They produce so much that they export it to over 120 nations in the world.
5. South Africa is one of only two nations who have voluntarily given up their nuclear program. They felt that survival and peace were the keys to bringing the humane race together. They voluntarily gave up the production and distribution of all nuclear weapons and material.
6. South Africa generates about 2/3 of the electricity that is used in most of Africa
7. South Africa has improved its infrastructure to lay about 19000 miles of track which is the most of any other African nation
8. South Africa is home to the Tugela Falls which are the second highest in the world
9. South Africa is a hunters Paradise. There are many wild preservers set aside for many safari hunters. However, there are strict rules on what can be killed due to many of the animals being on the worlds endangered species list.
10. South Africa is the only nation on earth with all types of lands from mountains to desert to wetlands to tropical rain forest to grasslands.
11. South Africa is the leader in generating electricity with renewable energy. Many of the cities and towns are now powered by, solar, wind, and hydroelectricity.
12. Three of the fastest animals on earth call South Africa home lion, cheetah and wild beast.
13. The oldest remains at the cradle of civilization were found in South Africa they were over 100,000 years old
14. The coast of South Africa is one of the most dangerous in the world with more than 2000 shipwrecks located off the coats in the last 500 years. The Cape of no hope has claimed more lives than any other shipping lane in the world.
15. South Africa entirely surrounds another country - Lesotho, an independent constitutional monarchy.
16. South Africa is a place for dare devils with the highest commercial bungee jump in the world
17. South Africa produces the Right handed Mercedes Benz class C car. Nowhere else is the C class car handled or made.
18. South Africa owns almost 50% of the world’s mines for gold. There is still estimated 12 million tons of gold to be mined out of South Africa.
19. South Africa is the only country that has one the FIFA while hosting the game in its own country
20. South Africa is the largest producer of macadamia nuts. These are some of the most popular nuts in the world.
- South Africa - A Hunters Paradise
South Africa is one of the top destinations in the world for the hunting enthusiast. The diverse types of hunting terrain combined with the exotic animals that you can hunt make it attractive and exciting for any hunter.
- Welcome | ExpatCrossing.com
Welcome to ExpatCrossing. com!This is newest website dedicated to the Expatriate Community. If you are moveing international, transitioning oversea...
More by this Author
Everything you ever needed to know about Syria
Fun facts about guatemala, everything you ever wanted to know about guatemala
Nicaragua is the land of traditions, history and culture that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Lets take a look at some of the fun and interesting facts that make Nicaragua one of the best countries in the...