20 Fun & Interesting Facts about Vietnam
1. The official name of Vietnam is Socialist Republic of Vietnam
2. Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park is an official national world heritage site
3. The people of Vietnam keep potbelly pigs as pets for their children
4. Before switching classes students are responding to a gong instead of a standard bell
5. The Capitol city of Vietnam is Hanoi
6. Nature tourist love to come to Vietnam because they have the world’s only six biosphere reserves available in very easy to get to locations around the country
7. A lot of Vietnamese still practice the art of feng shui
8. The Vietnamese language is one of the hardest to learn with six different tones to perfect
9. Vietnam is one of the ten member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
10. Vietnam is considered to have the lowest unemployment rate of any third world country
11. Vietnam is longer than it is wide only 40km at the shorts width
12. During the Vietnam war the Vietnamese build tunnels to hide from the invading forces which are still able to see today some are so small at 5ft by 3ft wide
13. The major religion in Vietnam is Buddhism
14. Madame Ngo Dinh Nhu is famous for being voted one of the most desirable woman in the world during the 20th century
15. Ha Long Bay is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Asia with its natural limestone foundations and pillars along with about 2000 isolated islands some populated
16. Motor bikes are the main form of transportation for many people in Vietnam
17. Vietnamese food specialty is ruou ran (snake wine). This is basically rice wine with a pickled snake floating in it
18. 240 men were awarded the Medal of Honor during the Vietnam War
19. The longest river In Vietnam is called the RED
20. The French were the first western Country to make Vietnam a colony
- Tunnels: Cu Chi Vietnam
Tunnels are used for many reasons like transportation, Pipes and buildings. Yet there is another reason tunnels are made and that is for use in War. No matter how ugly it its war tunnels can be very beneficial to those that dig them.
More by this Author
Everything you ever needed to know About Yemen
Taiwan is one of the most unique countries in the world. It provides visitors and tourist many wonderful things to experiance like culture, history, and raditions of tawians people. Here, are 20 of the most interesting...
Nicaragua is the land of traditions, history and culture that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Lets take a look at some of the fun and interesting facts that make Nicaragua one of the best countries in the...
No comments yet.