20 Fun & Interesting Facts about Wales
1. Wales is a part of the United kingdom
2. The largest second hand book store is located in Wales
3. It is common belief that the Irish republican army was started in a welsh prison
4. Wales is not represented on the British Flag
5. The first wireless broadcast in the world was done from Wales
6. Wales is known for its Sheep Processing since the ground is very infertile to growing crops
7. 3 million people live in wales
8. The wales national sport is rugby followed by soccer
9. Road signs in welsh country are written in welsh and English
10. Up until the late 1980s wales was the largest exported of coal in the world
11. The official Wales currency is the British Pound
12. Prince Charles was actually the Prince of Wales
13. The welsh flag contains a red dragon
14. Cardiff is the capitol of Wales
15. Only 18% of the wales population actually speaks there native tongue
16. Cymric is a breed of rare cats that are almost extinct now that originated in the welsh country side
17. The patron of saints in Wales is St. David which is also the name of its smallest city in the country
18. The Tywi River at 64.4 miles is the longest river to run completely within Wales.
19. The letters K, Q, V and Z do not appear in the Welsh alphabet
20. The scoring system for Golf was invented by Welshman
- Fun Facts & Tips for Visitors to Wales
Wales lies on a peninsula in central west of Great Britain and is about the same size as El Salvador. Its main population and industrial areas are in the South. It’s landscapes is mountainous, shaped during the last ice age.
- Welcome | ExpatCrossing.com
Welcome to ExpatCrossing. com!This is newest website dedicated to the Expatriate Community. If you are moveing international, transitioning oversea...
More by this Author
If, you love castles like i do then there is only one place to go to see the greatest castles ever built. That is in Germany. Germany has thousands of years’ worth of historical, cultural, and traditional castles...
Germany is one of the most fascinating countries with a unique, historical, and cultural tradition that continues to this day. Here, are the most 20 fun and interesting facts about Germany.
Nicaragua is the land of traditions, history and culture that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Lets take a look at some of the fun and interesting facts that make Nicaragua one of the best countries in the...