20 Fun and Interesting facts about Cambodia
1. The highest mountain in Cambodia is Phnum Aoral
2. The government of Cambodia is multiparty democracy with King since September 1993.
3. The Cambodian flag is the only one in the world to contain a religious building depicted on it
4. Traditionally young men from Cambodia follow a Buddhist monk philosophy since most start their adult lives as monks
5. in cambodia the traditional way to say hello is to press each others palms together Cambodians greet each other by pressing their palms together
6. Almost 50% of the population is under the age of 15
7. Cambodia has a high birth rate almost three times that of the death rate
8. Oil and gas are the most exported commodities in Cambodia since large deposits were found off the coast in 2005
9. Cambodia was originally a French colony until 1953
10. Previous kings tried to erase the history of the cambodian people by removing sacred sites and older docrines before them.
11. Life expectancy in Cambodia is one of the lowest in the world only 49.5 yrs of age
12. During the rein of the evil pol pot over one million people died fighting for peace
13. Cambodians do not trust there state banks because for every 5 dollars deposited the banks would take 10$ USD
14. Angkor kings built huge reservoirs and canals for irrigation which still stand today and are still in working order in many parts of the country
15. The large river of Mekong has never had a bridge built across it until 2001
16. In many parts of the country of Cambodia electricity is often only available from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm weekdays
17. Cambodia has the smallest armed forces in the Asian nations representing only a third of the population
18. Due to unknown conditions Cambodians have every 1 250 people with a disability in the county
19. Almost 755 of the people in Cambodia live below the poverty line
20. Leak Kon Saeng is a popular game in Cambodia.it is played by kids from young to old. Kind of like duck duck goose in the US
More by this Author
Taiwan is one of the most unique countries in the world. It provides visitors and tourist many wonderful things to experiance like culture, history, and raditions of tawians people. Here, are 20 of the most interesting...
Everything You ever wanted to know about Vietnam
Nicaragua is the land of traditions, history and culture that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Lets take a look at some of the fun and interesting facts that make Nicaragua one of the best countries in the...