5 Annual Passes Every Family Must Have - An Annual Pass Can Be Tax Deductible
I love outings and I'm sure you and your family do too. It is a pleasure to enjoy and explore different cultures, the great outdoors, animals, plays, operas and musicals as well as art. Have you thought about gifting you and your family with certain annual passes each year? These gifts keep on giving all year long. Do you know that some annual passes / memberships are tax deductible? Let's take a look at 5 must have annual passes.
- If you and your family love the outdoors don't forget an annual pass to a state or national park. Have you heard of a program called America the Beautiful - The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass? Here are some highlights. Seniors that are 62 years old and older and are permanent U.S. residents may purchase a lifetime pass for $10. There are lifetime passes for individuals who have a permanent disability. You and your family will be able to visit more than 2,000 Federal recreation sites. Check out http://store.usgs.gov/pass/index.html.
- An annual pass to an aquarium has some great offers. Some aquariums offer sleep overs, that's right. The whole family can wake up next to the sharks, and some aquariums supply the sleeping mats too along with dinner, breakfast and an aquatic show. Some aquariums have themed tours too. Your family may also have breakfast with Biologists to ask them questions. If you want to support your aquarium's research and conservation through their philanthropic program a portion of your support is tax deductible.
- I love going to the zoo and an annual pass is just the thing for me, and yes, I love it at tax time as well. Some zoos offer a members' only night where people can watch an informative animal show and talk with Zoologists. Children 14 and older, at some zoos, can also participate as a zookeeper for a day and assist with caring for animals, preparing their food and performing feedings. Some zoos offer photography classes where individuals can learn how to photograph wild life. Please keep in mind that there might be an extra cost for some programs.
- A theater annual pass has great add-ons too. There's more to the theater than just plays, musicals and the opera. Some theaters offer outreach and educational programs for tweens and teens who want to hone their acting and singing skills. Offerings include acting classes, music, dance and workshops on how to audition. You'll find some theaters might have week long camps to boost self esteem, to help build more of an appreciation of the arts, and to develop performance abilities. At the conclusion of some camps your children can participate in a final performance of songs, dances and maybe a skit. Any unused portion of the season passes is tax deductible if the theater is a non-profit.
- An annual museum pass is more than just a walk-through visit. Check out the perks and/or discounts that come along with your museum annual pass. There are children's programs in which your kids can talk with Naturalists and Scientists and ask them questions by sending them an e-mail. As part of an education program, some museums provide excursions. Annual passes at some museums are tax deductible.
Annual passes are great family gifts. Each year you and your children can choose which ones to purchase and even alternate from year to year. You may gift another family with these passes as well. Annual passes to zoos, museums, state and national parks, aquariums, and the theater are fun and educational.
More by this Author
If you're a college student and you've lost a parent, or both of your parents, there are college scholarships for you. If you're a student in the foster care system there are scholarships for you too.
Why are interstate signs different colors? What are those small lights on the white lines? Learn fun facts about interstate signs.
- 16African-Americans with Green, Grey, Hazel or Blue Eyes, Naturally Blonde or Red (Ginger) Hair, and Freckles
Have you ever seen an African-American with blue eyes? They do exist. How about an African-American with red hair and freckles? Come look at some blonde hair dark-skinned individuals.