5 Fun & Interesting Places to Visit in Rome, Italy
There are many places in Italy that people go to but none more than the famous city of Rome. When you visit Rome there is a unique sense of intrigue with this great city of culture and history. This is the stage for one of the greatest empires the world has ever known. People flock to this local just to be able to experience a little bit about what it was like when Julius Ceaser road through town. Rome offers so much in the way of architectural wonders, museums, churches and ancient stadiums. Many come to enjoy the spiritualism and romanticism of this wondrous city.
There are so many things to see and do in this city it is really hard to break it down but here are my top 5 picks that are a must see prior to you leaving.
1. The mighty temple of the pantheon it is a temple build by early roman architects to dedicate it to the Gods of the mountain of Olympus. People flock to this location because, some say the spirit of mount Olympus still reigns within its stone edifices. There are tombs of great names of the past such as the artist Raphael and Italy’s first true king. This is a must see location for any visitor to Rome.
2. The next stop on our list is one of the most famous stadiums of all time. The Coliseum of Rome this is the historic location of brutality and entertainment. This was the heart and soul of Rome for hundreds of years and many people worshipped the gladiators as great heroes. Many people died here because of the faith they proclaimed. I still swear that if you put your ear on the walls you can still hear the roar of the crowd and the clashing of swords!
3. There is a much more friendly location on our list is a definite do not miss opportunity. This is the Trevi fountain in central Rome. The Trevi fountain was one of the original wishing wells made and from the beginning people will come and through their coins into these fountains and make a wish. You can sit and watch the majestic waters still dance as they did back then and watch people from all over the world toss their dreams into a well famous for granting wishes.
4. How can you visit Rome without eating right? I think it just depends on where you eat that makes all the difference. To help in this aspect I suggest that you check out a couple of different eateries. Like the famous Ponte Milvio, Trattoria Maccheroni, Roscioli and Monte Carlo. You can have some of the most delicate breads the finest wine and the experience of real roman flavoring at any of these locals.
5. Then of course Rome is famous for more than its food it is also famous for being the religious capitol of the Catholic Church. In Vatican City you can explore some of the greatest christen men and woman that ever lived. Starting with St Peters Basilica and the Sistine chapel where Michael Angelo created his greatest painting ever. There is certainly the chance to meet the pope and maybe even someone to let you in to the secret Vatican archives. Hey you never know!
Even I know there is so much more to Rome and I will continue my quest bringing you the greatest locations in this wonderful city and around Italy in general. If you would like additional information on Italy please visit my website for visitor and Expat information on Italy at http://expatcrossing.com
- 10 Fun & Interesting Facts About Rome, Italy
By Kadmiels There are many interesting aspects to Rome Italy and a lot of fun facts too. So sit back listen and you might just learn something about this interesting and historical city of Rome Italy. For example did you know that Rome was originally
- Things To Do on Vacation in Abruzzo, Italys Central Region
In this central region of Italy is Abruzzo slowly becoming a very popular destination with tourist. A lot of people from the Americas and Europe are making this destination the new place to be to get away from it all. There are wonderful villas with
- Fun & Interesting Facts about the Culture in Italy
There are many reasons why Expats pick the countries that they are moving to. A lot of it has to do with the attitude of the person maybe they have visited there in the past and like the lifestyle associated in that country.
- 20 Fun & Interesting Facts about Italy
Everything you Ever needed to know about Italy
- Vacation Ideas Italy
If you are planning a vacation and you want to go to somewhere unique has lots of history and beauty. Then I would suggest planning your trip to Italy. A trip to Italy will stay with you for eternity one...
- Tour Venice, Italy
Italy contains some of the greatest wonders of the world. Including some of the most historic and wonderful cities that man has built upon the earth. One of the greatest and most romantic cities that...
- Welcome | ExpatCrossing.com
Welcome to ExpatCrossing. com!This is newest website dedicated to the Expatriate Community. If you are moveing international, transitioning oversea...
More by this Author
Belize is one of the greatest countries in the world offering wonderful traditionsl, Exotic history and unique culture. Here, are some of the fun and interesting facts about Belize
Germany is one of the most fascinating countries with a unique, historical, and cultural tradition that continues to this day. Here, are the most 20 fun and interesting facts about Germany.
If, you love castles like i do then there is only one place to go to see the greatest castles ever built. That is in Germany. Germany has thousands of years’ worth of historical, cultural, and traditional castles...