4 Starwood Hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Starwood Hotels is a chain of resort hotels that includes many top hotel names including The Westin, The Sheraton, The W and the St. Regis. Many people choose to stay in this chain of hotels because they are always nice and comfy. Other people find that the loyalty programs benefit them when they stay at these hotels regularly. Whatever your reason, you may want to stay in one of these hotels when visiting Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Below you’ll find four different options in this Florida city that are all part of the Starwood chain.
1. Westin Ft. Lauderdale. This Ft. Lauderdale hotel is located only about fifteen minutes from the airport. It is capable of accommodating everything from meetings to weddings on site.
This Starwood hotel is a more-than-comfortable luxury hotel. Some of the very basic amenities that you’ll enjoy at this hotel are:
· The Heavenly Bed® and the Heavenly Bath® (branded luxury amenities)
· Ergonomic desk furniture
· Refrigerators, microwaves and coffee makers in the room
· Dual-line phone and fax machines for business travelers
Perhaps of more importance than the features inside of the rooms are the on-site features of this hotel. Some of the things that you will want to know about it include:
· This hotel overlooks a huge three-acre lagoon.
· There is an extensive fitness center at this hotel.
· There is a large outdoor pool and Jacuzzi spa at this hotel.
· This hotel has a terrific dry sauna for you to enjoy.
This Starwood hotel is located close to numerous shopping, dining and entertainment options. It is also close to a number of different Fort Lauderdale attractions including:
· Downtown Fort Lauderdale
· Fort Lauderdale Beaches
· Isle of Capri Pompano Casino
· Las Olas Boulevard for shopping
· Lockhart Stadium
· Palm Aire Golf Course
· The Broward Center for the Performing Arts
· Wilton Manors, a Fort Lauderdale suburb popular with GLBT travelers
2. Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek. This Sheraton hotel is an all-suite hotel for people who know that they want a suite when they stay in Ft. Lauderdale.
Some of the basic amenities of this hotel are:
· Every room is a two-room suite with televisions in both rooms.
· Signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Bed
· Every room includes a coffee maker, refrigerator, hair dryer, etc.
· Rooms can come with an optional wet bar and balcony.
Additional features of this hotel include:
· There is an outdoor heated pool at this hotel.
· There is a huge atrium in the lobby with a waterfall and tropical plants. There are fish and turtles here.
· This is a certified Florida Green Lodging Hotel so it’s eco-conscious to stay here.
· This is a pet-friendly hotel. The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Dog Bed is available on request.
This hotel is located close to:
· Highway I-95 for a quick trip to local beaches.
· The nightlife scene of Boca Raton.
· Pompano Racing Park and Harness Track.
· Lockhart Stadium and Fort Lauderdale Stadium.
· The Galleria Mall
3. Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Hotel. This recently renovated Starwood Hotel is one of the most cutting-edge hotel options in Ft. Lauderdale. The hotel’s infinity pool is one outstanding feature.
The Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel offers basic amenities including:
· Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Beds
· Wake up services
· Views of the waterway, the city or the ocean
· Hairdryers, coffee makers and other homey accessories
This hotel also features:
· A blue and white color scheme that is designed to be meditating and soothing. It’s perfect for a beach hotel!
· An impressive infinity pool as well as another resort pool
· A state-of-the-art on-site fitness center
· An outdoor bar and grill
The Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel is located close to:
· Dania Historic Antique Shopping District
· International Swimming Hall of Fame
· Old Fort Lauderdale Museum of History
· Broward County Convention Center
· Pier 66 Marina
· Hugh Taylor Birch State Park
Note that this hotel is on the water and it is very easy to access the water taxi from here. A local trolley is also available for getting around.
4. W Hotel Ft. Lauderdale. This hotel is located on the Florida Gold Coast just a stone’s throw away from Millionaire’s Row. That gives you a hint into how fancy this hotel is. It has a few more amenities than some of the other local Starwood hotels do.
Basic amenities at the W Hotel include:
· Signature W Bed and W Pillow Menu
· Bliss bath amenities plus a digital bath scale and W Signature Spa Robes
· 32" LCD TV, CD/DVD player and iPod docking station
· Tivoli alarm clock radio
· Oversized Desk and Workspace
Additional hotel features include:
· This is a pet-friendly hotel with special beds, treats and toys for pets.
· This hotel has two different infinity pools!
· It also has hot tubs, peek-a-boo pool bottoms, cabanas, and a poolside grill & bar.
· State-of-the-art on site fitness center.
· On-site spa services at Bliss spa
· A hotel “living room” with board games, cocktail hour, Internet access, a DJ and an outdoor terrace.
This hotel is located in close proximity to:
· Bonnett House Museum and Gardens
· Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale Arts & Entertainment
· Jungle Queen Riverboat Cruises
· Hugh Taylor Birch State Park
· Galleria Mall
Note that the hotel is actually located on Fort Lauderdale Beach.
More by this Author
With the recession still affecting everyone’s income people today are working to save money in every way that they can. People who normally spend money on travel are trying to find alternatives that allow them to...
- EDITOR'S CHOICE7
Do you adore Barbie? Do you want to take your daughter on a very special vacation? Do you just want to do something weird and different when you go on your next vacation? Then perhaps you'd like to stay in a...
How can you tell if your mushrooms are turning bad? Find out the most common signs to look for before throwing them out.