50 Things To Do In California.
My boyfriend and I at Yosemite National Park.
50 Awesome MUST-DO's of California from a girl who has done it all, living here for 19 years, not in any particular order:
- Go to Venice Beach, get some cheap goods, like sunglasses or shirts! The sidewalkers will entertain you too! Check out the people who are daring enough to get tattoos or piercings!
- Check out Olvera Street in LA, get some authentic Mexican food and a sombrero while you are there!
- Walk the "walk" of the Hollywood Walk of Stars.
- Visit BEAUTIFUL Catalina Island - go scuba diving, canoeing, zip-lining, snorkeling, biking, you name it. Stay for a day or two.
- If you have kids, you know you cannot miss Disneyland + California Adventure...expensive, I know, but the hopper pass may be worth it. :)
- San francisco! Ride the trolleys - go to Ghiradelli Square - Oh! Check out Fisherman's Wharf, as well.
- Check out a professional baseball game! You can go to a Los Angeles Dodgers game, a San Diego Padres game, or a San Fransisco Giants game.
- Santa Monica! Ride the ferris wheel or other roller coasters on the famous pier or do fabulous shopping on 3rd Street Promenade.
- Check out the beautiful coasts of Eureka and Humboldt County!
- Go to a UCLA or USC football game. Whichever you prefer ;)
- Surf in Surf City, USA (aka Huntington Beach) - if you aren't up for surfing, try renting a bicycle or go shopping at all the neat carts on Main Street.
- Go houseboating at beautiful Lake Shasta! Don't forget to check out the Shasta Caverns while you are there - awesome place!
- See where all the government takes action up in Sacramento!
- Go to a game for the world championship team (two years running) for basketball - LAKERS!
- Visit the Long Beach Aquarium and the famous Queen Mary.
- Like hockey? Never seen a game? It is an exciting thing to see! Try going to a Ducks or a Kings game, depending whether you are in Anaheim or LA.
- Go on the San Jose Bike Party bicycle ride! 2000-4000 riders ride about 15-30 miles throughout the South Bay every third Friday of the month from 8pm til midnight.
- YOU NEED TO GO TO YOSEMITE ! Most beautiful - natural - place in California. Camping is unbelievable too. Reservations are hard to get though so good luck!
- Visit the California Science Center! Admission is free - parking is not.
- Great Foods you must try: Pink's Hot Dogs (FAMOUS) in Hollywood. Phillipes - French Dip Sandwiches in LA (Chinatown), and Tito's Tacos in Culver City - best tacos ever. I would also recommend In N Out Hamburgers and the Coffee Bean - mostly only in Ca. can you find these places.
- Visit the adorable town of Slovang, Ca. in Santa Barbara County. This wine country is too adorable to believe you are still in California! Looks very old-fashion European.
- Check out the famous and beautiful Hearst Castle.
- Drive through the famous grape-vine (near Bakersfield).
- Concerts! Coachella, EDC, - only in California! Also be sure to check out: The Hollywood Bowl, The House of Blues (Hollywood), the Greek Theater, and The Pantages Theatre.
- Check out Newport Beach, Balboa Island - go fishing! Take a $1 boat ride. :)
- Go to the Santa Cruz Park! Ride the famous roller coaster. Eat fattening foods!
- Napa Valley, like to wine?
- Beverly Hills, is that where you want to be?! Livin' in Beverly Hills...
- Go camping in the small beach town of Carpenteria. Spots go quick though, while you are there, check out Robataille's candies, yumm...
- Bike ride along the Golden Gate Bridge!
- Go to Pacific Beach, San Diego or go downtown and try the famous Extraordinary Desserts... pricey, worth it? You decide. Mine was good.
- Go golfing in style! PALM SPRINGS!
- Go snowboarding at Mammoth Mountain! Or go in the summer, it is beautiful year around!
- Kayak in the caves of La Jolla, so neat. :)
- Check out the hot springs near Mammoth Mountain, closer to Bishop, and when you do get to Bishop, you must eat at Schats Bakery! Best there is. I promise.
- Beautiful Laguna Beach, live like the rich do - for a day!
- Eat at Paradise Cove, in Malibu... So romantic and has the best chocolate cake - to die for. MUST EAT.
- Check out the backlots at Universal Studios. It is a must-see tour.
- Go to Six Flags Magic Mountain for thrill and Hurricane Harbor for those hot California summers.
- Legoland - can you believe it? Everything is made of legos!
- Sea World, see Shamu, ride the Journey to Atlantis - and even swim with the dolphins!!!
- Go to Big Bear, Summer or Winter, this lake and mountain near Lake Arrowhead has great people, fun, and views!
- Want to be treated like royalty? Go to the Pebble Beach resort by Monterey and Carmel, California. (near Santa Cruz, I guess) This golf resort might possibly have the best views in the country.
- Go to Belmont Park in San Diego - home of the Giant Dipper Roller Coaster, look this place up online, there is so much fun for the whole family here!!
- Go to the Getty Center for beautiful art from all over the world and see an amazing view of Los Angeles. Be sure to check out the Griffith Observatory as well.
- Take a cruise along Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) - just pray there isn't traffic!
- Go to Alcatraz, the famous prison in San Fransisco, really spooky but interesting jail that is open to the public, check it out. Not to be missed!
- Be apart of a live studio audience on shows like: So You Think You Can Dance, Jeapordy, Wheel of Fortune, Deal or No Deal, etc.
- Go clubbing - dance until you drop - in Hollywood, so many clubs - for average prices, too.
- Live like the rich and shop along Rodeo Drive or just see their imitators along Sunset Blvd. Don't forget to get a great shot of the Hollywood Sign. :)
I hope this list was awesome. I have had an incredible time doing all of these crazy things in California, living here for the past 19 years of my life. I hope you do too. Enjoy.
Thanks for reading, xoxo
Comments 10 comments
What is your favorite section of California?See results without voting
More by this Author
Looking back at the attack on Pearl Harbor, some would state that compromises could have been made in order to escape the doom which took place on the...