No Place Like Florida - Travel And City Reviews
Florida Is More Popular Than Ever
A peninsula at the southeast corner of the USA, Florida has been a travel destination since the arrival of the first Native Americans and subsequent Spanish explorers.
The oldest church in the land is still standing in Florida at St. Augustine, along with the oldest community. The state is a wonderful place of long Florida beaches, Spanish and American history, the truth and legends of NASA and the early US Space Program begin in the Cold War Era.
Add to all that the delicious fusion cuisines, good fishing, adventures in The Everglades, and the controversy of nearby Cuba and a dozen nationalities of political refugees coming to Florida shores - sometimes to play major league baseball!.
No place else on Earth has The Everglades, Spaceport Cape Canaveral, Disney World, and Daytona Motor Speedway all in one state!
No Place Like Florida!
No Please Else Has Florida Panthers
People The World Over Love Florida
Florida is one of the most interesting states in the union to live, visit, study, and enjoy. After all, No place else has The Everglades!
In the 21st century, Americans and International peoples are finding much to love about Florida. Not only are vacationers and convention attendees enjoying the state - new workers, relocated mid-careerists, and retirees love it here, too!.
Businesses are also finding it convenient to move the the state. Despite certain problems inherent to the local climate and hurricane season, as well as to the challenges of oils spills and flooding in the Gulf of Mexico, Florida presents a world of awe-inspiring adventures, as well as comforts.
Everglades National Park
Travel For Tourism, Retirement And Jobs
Vacay Or Work In The Sun!
Many travel and vacationing opportunities create healthy contributions to the economies of the cities and state every year around Florida. In addition, many of these cities are touted as top retirement spots. Some are even good places for finding work.
Florida Beat The Great Recession
A snapshot of the job market in Florida in mid-June 2010 revealed 205,000 job openings gathered from across all Internet sources.
These listings do not include the hidden job market and employer listings that do not appear online, but only in offline venues.
A marked upswing in job listings began in February 2010 and a new upswing hit in both 2011 and 2012.
With the opening of US travel to nearby Cuba in 2015 - 2016, business will be increasing again.
Economic And Jobs Trends
After the Great recession and by January 2013, Florida offered over 244,000 job vacancies actually advertised. By mid-2016, that number was holding steady.
New job creation took hold in midwinter 2010, with an upshot that continued through Spring 2010 and into the summer tourism season and, with some fluctuations, increase after increase emerged in jobs into 2013 through 2016. The lifting of the embargo on Cuban travel during the Obama Administration increased travel through this state even more, adding to tourism jobs.
Predictions of increased American travel for the 4th of July 2010 were correct and affected the upward curve of additional new jobs to accommodate the increased business on and after Independence Day. While 2012 was a good year overall for jobs, January 2013 - May 2016 showed indicators of increasing advertised jobs at a higher rate.
Top Hiring Companies
- Marten Transport
- Advanced Medical
- Soliant Staffing
- Allied Health Professionals
- Parallon Workforce Management Solutions
- Sunbelt Staffing
- Supplemental Health Care
- Tenet Healthcare
- HCR Manorcare
- Reflectx Staffing
- Medical Connections
- Advance Auto Parts, Inc.
Best Florida Cities for Jobs
- Jacksonville - Largest City in Florida
- Fort Lauderdale
- St. Petersburg
- West Palm Beach
- Fort Myers
- Boca Raton
- Pensacola and Tallahassee tie for 10th place.
Major City Reviews
Florida City Reviews for Jobs and Travel
- Famous Miami-Hialeah Metro Area
The population of the Greater Miami Area is over 2,500,000 people and has a low unemployment rate, meaning that jobs are avauiable. High paying jobs in a variety of fields and occupation titles make this area a good relocation site for Young Professi
- Well Known and Loved Orlando, Florida
The Greater Orlando Area, including the statistical unit known as Orlando-Kissimmee Metro, is recognized as one of the Top 25 Best US Cities for Jobs and Business. Information Technology (IT) and Healthcare positions are growing most quickly in numbe
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach combined Metropolitan Statistical Area is made up of three Southeast Florida counties. thousands of jobs are available in high-paying positions in Securities, Commodities and FOREX trading, and others.
- Big City West Palm Beach
West Palm Beach, Florida has been recommended by residents and labor statistics specialists as one of the Top 25 Large US Cities for Jobs & Business. Job openings and job placement servces are good and the climate and attractions are encouraging.
- Fort Myers-Cape Coral, A Best City
Fort Myers/Cape Coral comprises an area that is recognized as one of the Top 25 Best Cities in America for Jobs and Business.
- Employment In Naples Florida
Hubber missylynnthompson requested 'job opportunities' and because she is from Naples, Florida; here are the present high demand jobs and projections for future employment in her area through 2016. Naples is wonderful for retirement, too, on the Gulf of Mexico in southern Florida, just west of the top of the protected forests that run into the Everglades National Park. These include Picayune, Fakahatchee, Big Cypress, and others.
- Great Jobs In Sarasota
Sarasota-Bradenton-Venice from the boundaries of a labor market area that covers Manatee County and Sarasota County in Florida. In fact, Sarasota County once was part of Manatee and was apportioned off from...
- Fruit Cove, Florida: Jobs and Tourist Sites
The village of Fruit Cove, Florida is a thriving suburb of Jacksonville, near popular vacation spots and retirement living, yet full of people of all ages, The village offers access to increased job listings.
Retirement Is The Start Of A New Life
Top 10 Retirement Cities in Florida
- MELBOURNE and the Top 10 Places to Retire in Florida
55-Alive! Magazine lists Top 10 Cities for retirement living. Other experts add recommendations for additional Florida towns with great tourist and travel attractions, also ideal for retirement.
Lively Flordia Retirement
- Best Florida Retirement Cities: Jensen Beach -- Pineapples were grown successfully on small plantations in Jensen Beach until fires and cold snaps damaged crops. Fishing replaced the pineapple trade as a major industry
- How to Retire to Florida in Palm Harbor -- Palm Harbor is north of Clearwater, St. Petersburg, and Tampa on the west coast. Palm Harbor has been ranked as a top retirement community in Florida by several widely read magazines.
- A Best Retirement City is a College Town: Gainesville -- The renowned University of Florida is located in Gainesville, making it a Top College Town of America as well a Top 20 Retirement Florida Retiement City.
- Florida Retirement - Town of Jupiter -- Jupiter is a fun city on the southeast Gold Coast of Florida near the Greater Miami Area, north of Fort Lauderdale and south of Jensen Beach. it is also very near Palm Beach and West Palm Beach.
- Retirement Jobs and Lifestyle in Vero Beach -- The government of Vero Beach, Florida is set up to protect its residents and businesses in such as way that they can prosper without interference. While much if the housing is upscale and more highly priced...
- Retire to Punta Gorda for Good Health -- The City of Punta Gorda FL recovered fully enough after Hurricane Charley in the 200s that it became a member of the Top 10 Best Places to Retire in Florida in 2009. It is also one of the healthiest places in...
- Retire to The Ten Thousand Islands Paradise: Marco Island -- Ten Thousand Islands Paradise sounds like a wonderful Chinese island chain in mythology, but it is a chain of islands off the coast of Southwestern Florida, which is the popular Paradise Coast of the state....
- America's Friendliest Retirement Town - The Villages, near OCALA -- Hubber dusanotes asked me about looking at The Villages in Florida as a subject for city review and job openings, future possibilities, and trends. I'd like to do that and include travel and tourism...
© 2010 Patty Inglish
More by this Author
The Texan prepares meals and snacks seven days a week, with a salad and buffet bar, and is open 24 hours a day. The main theme of the menu is America, but Mexican foods are also offered in appetizers and main dishes...
This dental practice is decorated as a complete Star Trek (R) facility to entertain patients. It was featured in the documentary film "Trekkies" and has replaced pain with laughter for any patients.
Do you want to take advantage of financial benefits (lower taxes, business tax credits, in-state college tuition, etc.) by establishing residency in another US state? Here's what to do.