Amazing Eden Nature Park And Resort, Davao City, Philippines
Eden Nature Park And Resort
Eden Nature Park and Resort is located in Toril Davao City. It´s just a few kilometers from the hectic of the city and at the foot of Mount Talomo.
As what our tourist guide said, "Eden Nature Park is about 3,000 ft. above sea level and it´s around 80 hectares of terraces formed out of the mountain slopes."
Eden Nature Park consists of more than hundred thousands of fully grown pine trees and huge forest trees all over the park. A nestling place for different kinds of birds and butterflies.
My Travel List
Visiting Davao City was one of my "to visit list" in traveling to my home country. I am here for a few months now taking my wintertime away from the cold and freezing weather in my adopted country Germany.
I think visiting Davao City and its popular tourists spots like Eden Nature Park and Resort is my final travel destination before flying back home to Germany. It´s getting warm there and summer is fast approaching so it´s the time for me to prepare myself for another "lifestyle" and adjustments that I have to make living in another culture and tradition other than Philippines.
I´m thankful to my friends who had invited me to go with them in their road trip to Central Mindanao, the south of the Philippines. Davao Crocodile Park was our first step followed by Jacks Ridge restaurants and Eden Nature Park and Resort.
Travel Guide Philippines
Our Guided Shuttle Tour
Our guided shuttle tour inside Eden Nature Park and Resort was only 45 minutes. The tour started from the entrance of the park where we bought our tickets.
It was a breathtaking tour through the long and rough road inside the forest full of pine trees, mangosteen trees, different kinds of flowers like Zinnia Eleganz, Hibiscus, Mickey Mouse Fruits and other beautiful scented or unscented flowers. There were vegetable and herbal gardens, too. Lettuce and herbs like basil are organically grown in the "Garden of Eden."
Every now and then we stopped and took some photos of the beautiful surroundings. The shuttle tour was a sort of orientation where we could choose places and things of what we could do for our visit. There was an Amphitheater for wedding celebration or for a concert and a Plaza Maria garden especially made for those who are devoted to Virgin Mary. A prayer garden. A St. Michael The Archangel Chapel is there for a wedding venue. There are cottages and lodges for those who would like to stay more than a day to relax at Eden Nature Park and Resort.
Just Roaming Around
We did not have the time in engaging a lot of activities because our time was limited so we just roamed around and appreciated the beauty of the nature before us, in between our guided shuttle tour. Those are some of the taken photos below.
The "Garden of Eden"Click thumbnail to view full-size
Enjoy The Day With
- Fishing in the Fishing Village
- Horseback Riding
- Sky riding
- Indiana Jones Adventure Ride
- Hiking or Jogging
- Relaxing in the beautiful scenery of the garden
- Celebrating a wedding, anniversary or a birthday celebrations.
Things To Bring With You To Eden Nature Park and Resort
Hiking / Jogging
money for paying the fish
good, comfortable shoes
mineral or just water to drink
Food for the fish
Mayumi´s Wishing Well
Facts About Eden Nature Park and Resort
- Entrance fee with snack 200 Pesos, Shuttle Tour 120 per persons
- Opening Time 8 a.m.--4 p.m.
- 95% man made nature park and resort
- They have their own restaurants, snack bars and souvenir shop.
- They grow their own organic vegetables and fruits.
Eden Nature Park & ResortClick thumbnail to view full-size
- It´s better to have your own car or rented car when visiting this awesome place because if you will rent a taxi in going there, you will be charged high.
- Bring your coat or jacket with you if you easily feel cold.
- Bring mosquito repellents, too.
- Bring enough money with you. The place is expensive as you will pay for almost all activities you are going to do including the fish you are going to catch in the Fishing Village.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes if you are planning to walk or hike in the park.
- There are loads of things to see and do in the park, so I think 1 day is not enough for a visit.
Places To Visit Nearby
- Davao Crocodile Park ----is a park not only for crocodiles but also ostriches, snakes, pheasants, birds, eagles, monkeys and many others. BTW, this park is selling crocodile meat, crocodile ice creams and freshly brewed civet coffee.
- Taklobo restaurant in Jack Ridge Resort and Restaurant---where you can dine in a classy and awesome ambiance overlooking the sparkling lights of Davao City and Davao Gulf at nighttime. The restaurant serves delicious Filipino food and of course its native "Davaowenyos" sea foods and be serenaded by good singers while enjoying your meal.
Places To Visit NearbyClick thumbnail to view full-size
Goodbye Eden Nature Park
Visiting Eden Nature Park and Resort was the best place I have visited this time. It was a short but a memorable visit with my friends. I hope I will be able to visit this awesome nature park in the future and I will surely be there for at least 2 days. Wish me luck for that. Thanks for reading.
What would you love to do when visiting Eden Nature Park and Resort?See results without voting
Eden Nature Park and Resort Video
© 2014 Thelma Alberts
More by this Author
This article is about the HOLD UP inside a public jeepney I have experienced in my home country Philippines. My friends and I are thankful that we are still alive.
Tagaytay City is an amazing place to visit which is overlooking one of the active volcanoes in the Philippines. Taal Volcano is located in the middle of Taal Lake. Travelling to Tagaytay City and seeing an awesome...
Kneipp Walking is a water cure treatment founded by a German priest Sebastian Kneipp. It is a kind of hydrotherapy treatment which can be done in the nature, at home or at the spas.It is popular in Europe.